The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things that tick you off with Scrapping-lighthearted

+2
kt_dragonfly
Di Masters
6 posters

Go down

Things that tick you off with Scrapping-lighthearted Empty Things that tick you off with Scrapping-lighthearted

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 1:14

I don't post much for a while then you can't shut me up but I'm interested to hear if I'm the only one who thinks this, but in a light hearted way, cos I love Scrapbooking.

It bugs me when I want to buy say some prima flowers, they come in expensive packaging like pretty bottles in every shade imaginable and shapes, to get a good assortment of colour it costs the earth. Although at least they're in colour groups. I say pack 'em in griplocks all assorted, but would they lose their appeal? lol

Back to top Go down

Things that tick you off with Scrapping-lighthearted Empty Re: Things that tick you off with Scrapping-lighthearted

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 8:27

Yes, that bugs me too Gill, because you usually only want a couple and they are so expensive. Our local craft shop, though, has now started selling small packs of all varieties with just half a dozen in each pack at a very reasonable price.

Back to top Go down

Things that tick you off with Scrapping-lighthearted Empty Re: Things that tick you off with Scrapping-lighthearted

Post by Di Masters Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 9:32

http://graftoncrafts.co.uk/shop/cart.php?target=category&category_id=840 (with free pp) only 4 colours but

may help with flowers, it has always annoyed me that you have to buy fancy pots, just to bump the price up I reckon!

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18729
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 10:46

Sitting in my craftroom and not having a clue what to do! That annoys me to no end as I sit there getting more annoyed and frustrated!

Dragon Things that tick you off with Scrapping-lighthearted KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5642

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 11:19

I just get annoyed about not having a craft shop to mooch round and everywhere on the internet wants alot of postage to send anything here.

the thing that bugs me is that when you buy alphabet sets, they dont do a separate sheet with say vowels and S's . I mean you need two sets even to write 'mum' and last night I wanted to write 'grananada' and no sets have four As in them. I know alot of you use dies instead and cut your own, but I cant run to £68 a set and the ones I want are never in the sale. I reckon if you could buy separate vowel sheets,with maybe some s, r,t and common letters, it would be much better, but then we wouldnt waste as much and they wouldnt make as much.

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10552
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 11:42

Maria, if you wanna have a look on the USA ebay for any die set alphabets you want & have them sent to my mum as long as you put a little to the postage she'll happily ship them across.

I managed to get a set last year for £15 brand new & it's still £40+ in all the shops over here!

Dragon Things that tick you off with Scrapping-lighthearted KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5642

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 16:05

Maria I felt the same way though I can recommend the following http://www.sizzix.co.uk/index/search?p=Q&lbc=sizzix&uid=372019618&ts=uk&w=Decorative%20Strip%20Alphabet%20Die&isort=score&method=and&view=grid&locale=en%2dUK these aren't expensive and not too small. I used mine on my challenge layout to spell 'Becky', at the moment I only have one but I'll gradually buy a couple more as they're so handy.
If you sign up to ellisons newsletter they have weekly and monthly specials, where the alpha dies are reduced and go for very reasonable prices. The january sale was fabulous though not for me as I was broke, but keep an eye on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 17:10

You could always ask on here too people are happy to cut for you, but of course you have to wait then, which isn't always an option.

Tick off thing; when you have something that is ideal, it wears out and you can't find a replacement; like the blades for my cutter ( finallly got a local craft shop to buy them in) and a double sided cutting mat one side inches, the other cm in A3 size, took me nearly a year to find one, try quilting suppliers girls.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12968

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 22:20

Oh, don't get me started on this one!!!! Hump

kt_dragonfly wrote:Sitting in my craftroom and not having a clue what to do! That annoys me to no end as I sit there getting more annoyed and frustrated!
That'll do for starters. Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 0:36

Kate and Lou, me too, sometimes my hands just want to be busy making something and it feels frustrating when nothing inspires me.

I thought of another. It's when you can't find all you need in the one internet shop as then you're paying 2 lots of postage, although when I started scrapping there were only 3 uk internet stores so that isn't a serious complaint, it's good to have a choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 9:11

When I shop online I first look at the postage costs. Some sites only want around £10.00 spent and then its free postage. Some have free postage world wide. Postage is my biggest bugbear as some of it is sooo expensive for what you have ordered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 9:29

I didn't think I had any bugbears about crafting until I started reading
your comments and have to agree with all of what you have said.
Prima flowers, postage etc - yep all very annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 10:24

One of my bugbears is not having enough matching stash. If you've seen my recent posts, you might have twigged to this, lol.

Last night, I put the whole Bo Bunny Alissa range of papers in my basket, I thought they were quite lovely. Then I went to get the matching brads and rub-ons.............OUT OF STOCK!!!!! Hump So yes, having to go to different sites ticks me off too. In the end, I bought nothing.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 12:15

Not having a craft room bugs me. I have to get all my stuff out and then put it all away again and I can't spread out on the dining table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 13:01

Celfy, my craftroom is so blocked up with stuff that i want to use, but if i cant get in, using the stuff means sprawling in the living room and then hubby gets twitchy about the mess when i leave it there for days and days cos i didn't get time to finish.. Very Happy

The worst thing i did was to allow myself to be persuaded to move my craft room to the little room stephen had as a bedroom and he got the craft room which is much bigger...and its messy and horrid. until he tidied it yesterday..now i want the room back...if he does go in raf after 9 week training, i am having my room back. Very Happy

I hate not scrapbooking when i want to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 17:11

Being the eternal brightsider, one of the upsides of my darling man's illness is that I need to sleep in another bed, and where is that bed then? In my craft room!!!!! Every cloud has a silver lining, eh? When he's up all night, I have my craft stuff all left out anyway, so can just pick up a few bits and get on - got to keep awake somehow!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsfeefee Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 20:23

Not having the time to craft when you're so full of ideas really bugs me or wanting to do a Lo but having to make a card instead for someones birthday.
Gosh that last bit does make me sound mean but I don't mean it like that!
Mrsfeefee
Mrsfeefee
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 2178

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down