The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet)

+2
Di Masters
Lorraine
6 posters

Go down

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Empty MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet)

Post by Lorraine Sun 9 Aug 2009 - 13:47

I've posted this up on Make Something Nice but being lazy, copied it over, lol so sorry if it sounds like I'm speaking to a load of strangers. Loves ya

To make this little book, you will need a single 12 x 12 sheet of paper or light cardstock. You can use plain and decorate as you choose, or, as I have done with my finished book, use a sheet of double sided cardstock. I used a Scor-Pal for my scoring, but you don't have to have one of these. The pockets in this book are large enough to hold ATC's or photo's of a similar size.

Step 1. Score your sheet at 6" then turn your card over and score at 2" from each edge. (2" and 10" if measuring from left). Try to score so that the valley scores will be on the outside when you fold your pockets up.

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Step1

Step 2. Turn your card a quarter turn and score at 3", 6" and 9" (again measuring from left).

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Step2

Step 3. Now, put a strip of narrow DST (or glue) along the short edges of the four corner scored rectangles.

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Step3

Step 4. Fold up along the original 2" and 10" scores and stick down.

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Step4

Step 5. Now, you will make your ONLY cut. Cut from one end up the original 6" score to the top 3" score line.

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Step5

Steps 6 & 7. Accordian fold each side as shown, and then, making sure the pockets are on the outside, fold over and glue the parts marked A1 and A2 together back to back.

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Steps6and7

Your book is nearly complete now, but you will see that the back (where I'm holding it) is open and floppy, so you need to bind it.

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Unbound

There are various ways to do this, but I've given you 3 examples.
First, you can use a stitch binding. Follow the instructions in the Domino Book tutorial allowing for the different number of pages. (apologies for this naff pic).

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Stitchedbound

Secondly, you can use your Bind-it-All which works really well. A word of warning though. If you have the original blue machine, (I don't know about the new one) the book is too thick to punch in one go. Do the centre folds first and then making sure you're punching in the same direction, do the outside folds. You also, cannot turn the back round as per the usual instructions so your wire ends will still be on the outside. Twist them to the back and it looks absolutely fine.

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Binditall

The third option, and my favourite, is to simply glue the open backs together so you have a solid little booklet with no openings at the back or the tops/bottoms of the pages. After I'd stuck my pages together I decorated the book with a few stamps, some understated embellies and glued a strip of ribbon right around the book for a fastening. I printed off 8 photographs of my granddaughter to go in the pockets and gave it to my daughter to carry in her handbag.

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Stuckbacktoback

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Complete

So there you are. I hope you like it. It's a lovely little book and has all sorts of uses. Try it yourself and experiment with different closures and bindings.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Empty Re: MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet)

Post by Di Masters Sun 9 Aug 2009 - 15:37

Nice way to keep special photos.
I like the papers and colours you've used to decorate it.

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18732
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet) Empty Re: MINI POCKET BOOK (single 12 x 12 sheet)

Post by kimb Sun 9 Aug 2009 - 16:58

thats really something lorraine ,must try it
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Aug 2009 - 19:09

Love this Lorraine and, in my spare time (!!!) I will certainly give it a go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsfeefee Sun 9 Aug 2009 - 21:09

I like the look of this Lou and when I have a spare minute or two will have a go.
Mrsfeefee
Mrsfeefee
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 2178

Back to top Go down

Post by cb Mon 10 Aug 2009 - 21:48

Lovely Loraine. Going to have a go at this one myself too.
cb
cb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4405

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Aug 2009 - 22:16

Impressive - love the colours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Aug 2009 - 23:23

gorgeous...I love mini-books, it is amazing what we can do with one sheet of 12 x 12

i must get naughty teabag to ut her instructions up for what we saw at the dema and then made ourselves.....

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 16:32

I love it, and how you've decorated it, can see I might well use this one.
Terrificly clear tutorial, thank you.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12968

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 20:31

I have a 'Score Pal' too Lorraine.
A super bit of kit but blooming expensive though.

Suz and I made a super 12" x 12" folded zig-zag book when we came back from a demo at Colemans.
Everyone was trying to write the instructions down but I drew them as they were too complicated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 23:59

Best you let me have them, Nona and we can get the tute up on here, eh? Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2009 - 15:35

OK Lorraine, trouble is I now have to find it. Duuuhhhh!!!!!! my head will never save my legs !!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down