a new retreat is being planned for 2010

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 Empty a new retreat is being planned for 2010

Post by kimb on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 15:51

ok i have looked at a map as you all know and i have decided that coventry is probably about the best place for everyone . The way i made that decision is placing the most regular users names on the map and then finding a place thats central to all those names .My calculations say coventry is about right as from 20 names i used 6 were coming north , 6 south and 6 from left or right . The other 2 dont know where they will be at the time of the retreat , well they have a good idea but its not set in stone yet . (lynda and tina ). So what i need to know now is how many of you would be inetersted in a retreat for a weekend ,very similar to the one we had in nottingham , and im working on a similar price ,im trying my best with a deal for room and food .The meeting rooms i have yet sort out a price til i know how many are coming, roughly . Nothing is set in stone yet as i need names of people who may be interested .
still lots to sort out but we will make a start here by collecting names and a bit of info about the weekendi will do it in stages as i think of things i need to know .
So , firstly , are you interested ?
secondly , what do you think to April 2010 is it good for you ?
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13216
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 Empty Re: a new retreat is being planned for 2010

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 16:12

YES YES YES PLEASE!! That's just what I need - something next April to look forward to and please count me in!!

Back to top Go down

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 Empty Re: a new retreat is being planned for 2010

Post by Scrap Monkey on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 16:20

Depends very much on price, and how things go in Wales; but I love the idea of coming along. (If it's on 9th April I won't be allowed though!)

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 8218
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.saltwaterstudiopembroke.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 16:33

Ooh, yes, Kim! And thankyou for doing all the hard work.

Lynda

Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12421

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 16:41

I'm interested Mr Green & April sounds good as well!

Though when does Easter fall next year as that could effect prices Kim??
Thinking

Dragon a new retreat is being planned for 2010 KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5655

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 17:26

Realised afterwards, I couldn't make the weekend of 10/11 April. Steve reaches the big six-O on the 10th, so we'll probably be doing some celebrating (a weekend away in Yorkshire sounds nice).

Lynda

Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12421

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 17:38

Yes please, I'm in the same planning stage for a retreat with faithscrappers, but we're hoping for end of March with that one, so fingers crossed. I can't wait to meet more of you.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 18:34

Yes please, April sounds good. Like Kate said don't forget to check when Easter is as that will make a big difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrulesfootball on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 18:53

i think i am going away abroad next year as a special thing for my 30th next may so wouldnt be able too but i would definatley weigh up trying to get to others in the future.
lolxxx
jcrulesfootball
jcrulesfootball
Canny Crafter
Canny Crafter

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-31

http://rickscardmakingempire.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 19:07

if it wasnt the school holidays and wasnt too expensive I would come

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 9935
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 19:57

Yes Please Kim. Sall start to save some pennies as of this next pay slip. Laughing April is good for me too but I have to book my hols in October, pain I know but thats how my work do it.

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 Glowworm-1-1
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6629

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 22:12

Yes Yes Yes
I really want to go to this. Surely I can get someone to drop
me off and collect me. Ooohhh cannot wait. Any time will be okay -
I'll make sure of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 22:46

Steph wrote:Yes Yes Yes
I really want to go to this. Surely I can get someone to drop
me off and collect me. Ooohhh cannot wait. Any time will be okay -
I'll make sure of it.

I'm sure I can pick you up on the way past if I am allowed to come Steph. That way you can navigate, 'cos I haven't the foggiest where Coventry is Laughing

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 23:26

I'd love to say 'yes' straight away, but things are really tight, money wise, at the moment and I'm not sure if I'd be able to afford it. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 23:33

i say yes as long as it's not the end of the month. the 29th is my 10th anniversary so dh may plan something for that weekend.

tina and i would be able to travel together (if she doesn't mind of course) since she'll be living a mile or so away from me.

i'm saying yes but it depends on finances here as well. since dh is self-employed it depneds on how things are going with pc doctor business.

Back to top Go down

Post by WeirdCat on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 8:06

Matthew goes back to college on 12th April so Easter must be earlyish next year so late April should avoid school holidays plus the likes of the M6 will be less horrendous. For me it is down to cost as I have a retreat booked for March and finances are a bit all over the place at the moment although Matthew's student loan stuff has come through so I might be one of the last to say yes

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/
WeirdCat
WeirdCat

Number of posts : 11266

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 8:47

oh wow , this is a surprise to wake up to this morning ,i fully expected to come and find lots of " oooh weel i might have to be doing this that or the others etcetc " wow thats so encouraging thanks ladies i have written down all your comments about checking easter and school holidays etc so will work on that next .

prices........... i am going to try to keep it as low as i posiibly can do ,the more the merrier so they say cos we can split the cost of the meeting rooms between more folks .
I think i will put each question i have to ask you in its own seperate thread so i can find anything i need to again at a later date .
we have 15 names possibly coming along allready and the meeting room in the premier inn is only suitable for 15 for 1 room and 30 when the dividers are moved
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:05

Yes but Kim you have to factor the amount of craft stuff that each person will bring, so will def. need the dividers down lol!

kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:12

mmmm i know !!!!! im hoping that we can just use the 2 rooms anyway cos its double the price for the dividers down , but im hoping they feel good and let us use the 2 for the price of 1 .
only thing is we will not have a seperate room for any workshops ( if we do any ) might just get a little corner ,or just do a crafting weekend with no workshops ...mmmmmm what to do what to do .
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:15

I don't mind either 'just crafting' or 'classes'; it's the getting together bit I am looking forward to.

We could always set some informal challenges to get us doing the same sort of thing and get a few bits on the wall to show each other?

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:16

cajungirlinpembs wrote:i say yes as long as it's not the end of the month. the 29th is my 10th anniversary so dh may plan something for that weekend.

tina and i would be able to travel together (if she doesn't mind of course) since she'll be living a mile or so away from me.

i'm saying yes but it depends on finances here as well. since dh is self-employed it depneds on how things are going with pc doctor business.

Tina's Taxi is plenty big enough!

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:24

challenges sound fun tina i like that idea ...the thing with workshops is you dont get time for just chatting as if you are at a crop .challenges can be done all together around the tables ....good idea !!!

easter 2010 is april 4th
school holidays are 29 march to 9th april . so it look slike april 16th is likely date
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:26

Scrap Monkey wrote:[
I'm sure I can pick you up on the way past if I am allowed to come Steph. That way you can navigate, 'cos I haven't the foggiest where Coventry is Laughing

You need to check if picking me up is viable to you and not too
far out of your way. It would be fab if you could.
I was thinking about one of my men taking me and then collecting me
but if not too awkward that would be great. If you go back on
this thead you can see the map as to where Coventry is to where you
will be.
I

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:35

I see what you mean; you're not on the way; but it's not impossible.

Coventry is 4 hours from Pembroke Dock (but then so is the rest of civilisation!). Going via Oxford adds another hour.

If it means the difference between you going and not going to the Retreat, then I'll come and get you! (Assuming I'm allowed to come to the retreat; but there's an awful lot of whinge-time between now and April!).

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:43

Don't worry about it at the moment Tina. That's a big journey for you.
I haven't even mentioned the weekend to anyone here but I'm sure
Jason (MS) would take me. He drives to Heathrow to work everyday so the
driving side wouldn't bother him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 10:15

yes tina we are at the ends of the world here in pd so everything is far from us. Crying Laughin

Back to top Go down

Post by cb on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 11:09

I'd love to be able to make it for the full weekend this time but would be dependent on definite dates and costs.
cb
cb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4418

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 15:19

You can put me down for this depending on health and if OS will drive me there and back, which I think he will, don't know where Coventry is comparing tome and you Steph but if its on the way we could pick you up if you have no transport, challenges sound great.

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 Ba new retreat is being planned for 2010 Ia new retreat is being planned for 2010 La new retreat is being planned for 2010 La new retreat is being planned for 2010 Ia new retreat is being planned for 2010 E

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6736
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 15:24

I think with how close we are that classes are a bit on the formal side & also it puts pressure on the people who have to hold the classes so they dont get a chance to have a play, Lou did an excellent job last year but I'm sure she was run ragged by the end!

Maybe we pick some subjects, pool our resources & spend a couple of hours doing a bit of this & that. Like the bind-it-all was fun, but rather than a class, just sit around & make some books/hangy things together.

Also like the idea of the challenges, I had fun doing the ones Helen set out last year.

I think what we want is too spend a weekend just having a good ol' natter while doing what we like best which is crafting Mr Green

kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 16:15

Our school breaks up on Thurs 1st April and goes back on 19th April. So 16th might be good for me getting there on time.
I'll be happy to do any sort of crafting. I'd like to see what people do with alcohol inks as that area is still a bit of a mystery to me, I've just had a go on domino's. Also any hints on taking pics and working digitally would be great, but I think you might have done that last time perhaps.
Getting together would just be great, and crafting of any sort.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum