a new retreat is being planned for 2010

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: a new retreat is being planned for 2010

Post by supergran on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 16:20

Steph I have talked to my OS and he is happy to run me up there on the Friday and pickup on the Sunday and as Oxford is on the way up we will pick you up, if Friday and Sunday suit you, and if you can't get any other transport, I am determined to come to this one as I have missed both of the others.

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 Ba new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 Ia new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 La new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 La new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 Ia new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 E

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6736
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: a new retreat is being planned for 2010

Post by Maria on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 17:04

mum, I am assuming we can go in the car?

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 9895
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 17:47

supergran wrote:Steph I have talked to my OS and he is happy to run me up there on the Friday and pickup on the Sunday and as Oxford is on the way up we will pick you up, if Friday and Sunday suit you, and if you can't get any other transport, I am determined to come to this one as I have missed both of the others.

Billie - that would be brilliant. It would also save Tina going out
of her way if I couldn't get a lift. Thank you very much .

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 17:57

Maria wrote:mum, I am assuming we can go in the car?

lol!

Dragon a new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5655
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 18:07

Maybe we could have some show-and-tell, Kim: if anyone has a particularly nice/unusual mini-book, for example, they could show it, give a quick run-down on how it's made and - if there's interest in it - the instructions could subsequently go on the forum. So much nicer to see in the flesh rather than pictures.

Lynda

Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12283

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 21:35

some good ideas coming in cheers
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13216

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 21:42

Love the ideas that are being put forward, sounds like it will be nice and relaxed.
Thanks for doing this for us Kim your a STAR.

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 Glowworm-1-1
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6607

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 21:46

Mia, I was actually thinking that this was the reason Twizzy fixed my bike on Sunday!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 21:49

Scatty wrote:Love the ideas that are being put forward, sounds like it will be nice and relaxed.
Thanks for doing this for us Kim your a STAR.

aaaw not just me though lorraine will be doing something i have just done some groundwork while lorraine was a bit out of sorts ..thanks thoughxx
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 22:29

I am really keen but i have just read this and must look at dates in everyones diaries, but as it is weekend i cant see huge probs. x x

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 23:13

Sounds nice but I definately can't come.

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 9:07

Loving the thought of Patty and Maria plus stash on a bike to Coventry. LOL
I have a friend selling a tandem if you'd like a little more comfort LOL

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 11971

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 17:18

Know what you mean, Karelyn - I had visions of Patty with a trailer behind the bike for all the stash.

Lynda

lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 17:20

Gawd! The mere thought of Mia behind me rabbiting in my ear all the way to Coventry is enough to put the mockers on that little plan!!! She'd be always wanting to stop for a rest anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 18:02

and what with the size of mums tote we wouldnt get off the driveway!

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 9895
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 18:09

perhaps we should do a bike rally, i just got a new (old) bike.... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 19:43

Cor this is getting to be a great list, I do so hope that, Jane, Billie and Steph can make it. Great that Maria and Karelyn will be there all being well.

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 Glowworm-1-1
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6607

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 23:13

its lokking quite exciting isn't it
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise on Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 16:52

Wow I go missing for a week and you lot are planning trips away !!!!

Well Kim I would love this, only prob for me is with the date, for me April is quite soon for saving. As we are only 3 pay days from Christmas it means that all this years money is on Xmas. January is for Feb (Martin) birthday which leaves Feb and March wages, if I get any from the school. Plus of course I assume you are going to want deposits and payment before the date anyway.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4571

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 12:44

if i do it any later though it is getting close to summer holidays and folks will be saving !! it is almost 8 months away , i thought id given plenty of time to save up , what does everyone else think ???
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly on Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 13:14

April is ok for me, but then it's only me & Gary, so I dont have kids to worry about, birthdays that month, etc.

Not too mention it'll probably all go on a credit card anyway Laughing

Dragon a new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5655

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 13:55

Yes, April is OK for me and, I know, for Mia, but any later would be no good for either of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran on Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 15:31

I'm the same as Patty, the sooner the better less chance of things going wrong again.

a new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 Ba new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 Ia new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 La new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 La new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 Ia new retreat is being planned for 2010 - Page 2 E

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6736
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 15:56

I like to get the date in the diary ASAP, when it's something this important. A rough idea of cost is good, but like you say I won't be doing anything about that until Jan.

thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 7:21

OK for me, Kim, but then it's just the two of us as well, so no kids and other expenses to worry about. Do you have an idea of price, so those who have to save can get some feel for it?

Lynda

lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 8:51

i dont have a price as yet as im trying to find out prices of different rooms etc , plus the lady on reception i rang on friday had no idea what i was talkinga bout when i asked about the room and meal package that is written on the website , so I gave her instructions to find out , tell all her colleaugues , so that when i rang back after the bank hol. weekend everyone would know . lol! i could almost hear her going ggggrrrr down the phone .
i am trying to make it as cheap and cheerful as possible and will tell you prices as soon as i possibly can .

up to now ,i am looking at a premier inn so room is £47 for the night so if you share its £23.50.then brekky and evening meal and the cost of the room etc has to be split between however many is going
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 9:02

Well that seems a reasonable amount for us to start working on - thanks Kim. Don't they make you sick when nobody knows what you are talking about. I had a person send me a letter telling me my Carers Allowance would now be stopped and when I telephoned to tell them I hadn't ever, ever HAD any Carers Allowance they denied all knowledge of the letter until I lost my rag!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 13:03

Patty wrote:Well that ever, ever HAD any Carers Allowance they denied all knowledge of the letter until I lost my rag!!

Oooh Patty - can't imagine you losing your rag !!! Good for you.

Just on a short break between wallpaper stripping. Nearly done for today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 14:41

Well I don't, as anyone and everyone knows, lose my rag unless it is the last resort and quite simply I have enough forms and notifications to do already and it just made me see red!!! I have never been one to lose my temper (I don't actually think I HAVE a temper) but it is obviously lurking close to the surface at the moment ... probably because I am dealing with it all on my own without Kenny.

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 14:48

Some of the ways people deal with these things are so unsympathetic it's untrue. My Mum had a bit of hassle with the bank after Dad died, I was there when she went in and did all the initial work so I know it was them messing up and not her, but she kept getting letters aabout his savings account long after she'd closed it, and it just takes you off guard and is uneccessarily upsetting.
I do hope that this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum