TIPS FOR USING BOWS, RIBBON SCRAPS ETC...

Go down

TIPS FOR USING BOWS, RIBBON SCRAPS ETC... Empty TIPS FOR USING BOWS, RIBBON SCRAPS ETC...

Post by Lorraine on Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 15:04

THANKS TO LYNDA FOR THIS TIP

Have just gone through the annual ceremony of The Stashing Away of the Bows and Ribbons from Gift Boxes and had a few thoughts (plus a repeat of one that was on the old forum) about ribbons and bows in general.

1. If you tie a knotted bow (single or double knot with two tails, as opposed to a full bow with two loops and two bows) and find it never lays properly across your card or layout, try this. Fix a length of ribbon across the card/LO, then cut a short piece of ribbon, pass it behind the fixed length and tie your knotted bow over the fixed length.

2. If you have too many bows, consider the following:

- undo a large bow (provided no glue on the back), iron and use as a length of ribbon instead

- undo two matching small bows and tie together with a knotted bow, giving you enough length to use on a card or LO

- undo two complementary/contrasting bows and tie together with a knotted bow, giving a new twist to a card or LO

3. The last two ideas also work well when you have short scraps of ribbon left, that you think are too small to use.

Lynda

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16329
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum