Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thank you Empty Thank you

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 17:50

Having arrived home I now need to sort out my bags and stuff.

But I just wanted to come on and say a HUGE THANK YOU to Kim for organising the meeting room and to Lorraine for the workshops she did. And to Kate for being my roomie Thank you 127965 and to Tina for sitting next to me and being an inspiration with your fantastic layouts and to Karelyn for giving me a lift and good company on the journey and to Karin for the unique and individual ATC and to everyone else for being there and being you!!

I had a fantastic weekend, it was lovely to see so many of you again and to meet new people. I have come away with loads of ideas, a finished book, a present for my mum, twinchies (twonkies!), cards and having had a wonderful time.

Hopefully, there will be a next time and there will be familiar and new faces again. Thank you 854636

Last edited by Helen on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 18:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Thank you Empty Re: Thank you

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 18:25

It was a fantastic weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I could put faces
to names before thanks to previous photos, but to know the face now is brilliant.
Reading Helen's post above, I instantly had a mental picture of Helen and that
is brilliant.
I did say when I 'checked in' thanks to Billie and her son Paul who was our
chauffeur for the weekend. It was so kind of you and much much
appreciated.
Thanks to Lynda for her bottomless bag from which she produced ribbons,
threads, coins etc.
As Helen said, thanks to Kim for the organisation, Lorraine for tutoring us
and for Patty for looking after me. Actually, everyone looked after me, and bless
you all for doing so, what a brilliant bunch you are and I whole heartedly mean that.
Love you all loads. xxxx

Last edited by Steph on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 9:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 18:46

I had a brill time too and thank you all for the great fun and lovely people that you are.
It was lovely to see you all again and to finally meet, Steph, Billie, Tina and Karelyn.

And, another big thank you to Nona for making the journey to pop in and say hello.
Blow Kiss

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16329
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 18:49

Lorraine wrote:I
And, another big thank you to Nona for making the journey to pop in and say hello.
Blow Kiss

Wasn't that a treat - lovely to see Nona after all this time, and what a
delightful Mr Teabag, Colin.

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 18:50

OK........ I wrote a post but it's not showing....

ANYWAY, I'm back home safe and sound!

HAD A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!!! AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Dragon Thank you KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5655
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 19:09

Blimey Nona, you kept that quiet.

Im glad you all had a great time, I just want to thank Kt for the skype linkup yesterday and say....

Thank you 871363

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 9838
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 19:31

I echo everything that Helen said! It was a wonderful, wonderful weekend and has really recharged my batteries. Thankyou to everyone, especially Kim and Lorraine, and here's to the next one!

Lynda

Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12066

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 19:42

I want to thank Kim and Lorraine for all their hard work, also Sue for sharing with me and looking after me also all the other for their lovely company and care, I am glad I made this retreat and hope that I may be able to make some others.

Thank you BThank you IThank you LThank you LThank you IThank you E

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6736
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 19:50

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU.... Thank you 225358

Thank you Glowworm-1-1
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6551

Back to top Go down

Post by WeirdCat on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 19:56

Huge thank you from me too, had a wonderful time, lovely to see old faces and new

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/
WeirdCat
WeirdCat

Number of posts : 11144

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 20:00

And a belated huge big thank you and love you all from me too ... would have been on earlier except I had a b------ puncture on the M1 ... brightsiding faced being completely wiped out I can tell you!!

And thank you all, you lovely lot, flor looking after me especially as my girl couldn't be with us ... and for not making me feel like an old crumblie.. xxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 20:39

OH NO Patty thats you and Suzy having flats. I know Suzy called the RAC for help as she rang Jane to say. Hugs

Thank you Glowworm-1-1
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by cb on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 20:52

I've had a wonderful weekend with you all too, just what I needed, and really enjoyed meeting friends both old and new. Thankyou Kim for all your organising and Lorraine for your great classes (and the loan of the Promarkers) and to Karelyn for being my room buddy. Thank you 854636 for you all.
cb
cb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4418

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 21:00

Maria - at least I saw you move !!! It proves you are real LOL
That was fantasic to link up with you like that. Your Mum explained the
intracascies of your broad band 'service'.

I also fogot to say a thank you to Steve for being official photographer and
chief champagne opener.

Thanks to Karin for the lovely ATCs, personalised for each of us by location, it was a wonderful thought.
And thanks to Kate for doing my photo swap and adopting me as her nanny. Smile

Last edited by Steph on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 22:14

As above, special thanks to Kim for organising us all, Lorraine for being a talented, patient and able demonstrator, providing prizes and for keeping her trousers on quite a lot!
To Helen for being a very good navigator despite her saying otherwise, it made the journey go very quickly and providing a great swap kit and lots of prizes.
To Cath for being a lovely roomie and not snoring tee hee.
Karin for the gorgeous ATC with our personal maps on and my birthday package, terrific, and the luscious carrot cake, I need that recipe!
Jo's DD for the new earring cakes (hoping I haven't left them in THE bag).
Dawn for the cupcakes and party atmosphere.
Sorry I can't remember who, but you'll know; the chef who made those buns with the icing on top with the mixed cake flavours (which is an extremely poor description) they were yummy.
Steph for the surprise packages, Lynda for all the ribbons, lace, etc, etc, etc and the photographer, what a kind man.
To everyone for being so friendly and inspiring.
Everyone who brought stash to swap, share and sell, that was fun.
Maria for being brave and making our day by popping in on skype, not sure I could have!
there will be someone and something I've forgotten, sorry, all such a lovely blur when you try to put it on a post.
and lastly to Goaty for my birthday surprise and bringing my bag away, so we will have to meet up again soon if I want any ink left in my promarkers!

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 11919

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 22:20

yes well, I couldnt bear to stay too long, heartbreaking.

Dont get me wrong, Im glad you all had a fab time but well, you know.

Thanks for looking after mum for me and she says loads of people have given her stuff for me so thanks for that too.

it is all just so ruddy sick making - never mind, think of the calories Ive saved (though I did hit both the wine box and the hoarded galaxy hard both days of the weekend in consolation)

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 9838
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 22:23

Well it will happen Maria, and you will get pizza and carrot cake and cupcakes and HUGS. We did all send them to you but it takes time for them to walk to yours.

Thank you Glowworm-1-1
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsfeefee on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 22:56

Thank you everyone for making it such a great weekend and a good start to my birthday. Thank you to Lorraine for the brill classes and a big thank you to Kim for organising the retreat , for all the birthday bits and most of all for making me laugh so much!!

It was great to meet everyone and I can't wait for the next time we all get together.
Mrsfeefee
Mrsfeefee
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly on Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 23:14

Steph wrote:And thanks to Kate for doing my photo swap and adopting me as her nanny. Thank you Icon_smile

NANNY STEPH!!! You are GORGEOUS xxxxxxx
Thank you 310892

kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 10:13

Maria wrote:Thanks for looking after mum for me and she says loads of people have given her stuff for me so thanks for that too.

It was your mum looking after me - bless her.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 11:08

I am just so thrilled i went ahead and planned this without "asking the boss for permission " .the main reason i did this was to get lorraine out of the doldrums ( we all know it was more than the doldrums but ykwim)
. it seems to have worked, she is back in crafting mode and putting out some fab work but more importantly back to " our lorraine " . i honestly was worried that she would never speak to me again for planning this behind her back and just putting it up on the forum but she didn't and im so pleased .

Thanks to Dawn for being my chauffeur and roomie ,you always look after me and i really do love you for it .I would never be able to lift my big trolley into your boot like you do lol! good job you go to the gym so often.

and for Lorraine for the fabulous and easy to follow workshops and challenges ,you are a national treasure ,and need a Knighthood ( i shall speak to the Queen when i next go to tea at the palace )

And for everyone else for bringing goodies to nibble all day long ,for the fab company ,for the laughs ,for the inspiration ,i think we all want to do a lo like Tinas of Punk Jo ,and a tin like Lyndas lovely twinchie tin ,soooo gorgeous .I wanted to steal it but thought she would miss it too soon and i'd get caught out .
For raising money for the macmillan nurses ,ppl can be so generous even when times are hard .
Also Maria for having the courage to face us all even though you were sobbing .We missed you .
and lastly for joining me on this venture i was worried at first that no-one would want to come when i announced it and its given me the confidence to go ahead and do something like this again. Just not yet !
Love to each and every single one of you ,you were fab company !
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13216

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 11:15

I also want to thank Thrifty for the pink jewel brad she left on the floor which I found while crawling under the desks
Thank you 528403

kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 11:16

does that mean she left us what was in that black bag to share !!!!!!!!!!
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13216

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 12:27

Oh mY I think you've all done the thank yous, so I will try and do justice with mine.

Firstly, massive thanks to Kim for organising it, I think it lifted us all hun, definately something we need to do again, maybe we could aim for every 18 months then its easier to save for and something to look forward to. Oct 2012 then eh????? Get the Olympics out of the way first Mr Green

Next squiggy hugs and thanks to Lorraine, you really are the best teacher of all this stuff, and i can honestly say, hand on heart, I am inspired. I am dying to make another book but got a school workshop to do first, as for the alc and distress stuff, hmmm wheres that link for more stuff. Mr Green

Kate and Helen and Cath for being my table mates, we did well together there didn't we, and extra thanks to Kate for helping me to calm down when I was getting stressed (what me, noooo!!) and forf the loan of the sidekick and alpha, which I now need to buy Mr Green

Steph, thank you for the lovely package and gift box for Lily, she started to pull it all out last night when I realised just how much there is in there so will have to do it over a tray later, she was over the moon. Also thank you for doing my Photo LO, it was and is fantastic. When I told Lily that is was you that had done it she was grinning from ear to ear. She thought it was just as great that I had done Goaty's, had to find the picture to show her. Also thanks to Steph for bringing that Champagne !!!

Suzy, thank you for Lily's punches, I couldn't get them out of my bag to show her last night, but I did describe them and she was chuffed to get presents from my friends.

Thanks to Lynda for all the give away stuff, I was really pleased to get some lace, its something I haven't got and have seen it used loads recently and am now happy I can try too. Also thanks for the bandage stuff.

Patty, thank you for the mountboard, I honestly would have ended up with the wrong thing as I didn't realise it was that thick, thank you for bringing it.

Thank you to everyone for the yummy cakes, I will type up the recipe for the carrott cake Karelyn and get it on here.

But mostly, and the biggest thanks, go plain and simply to every single one of you for being you. Thank you 113764

I had a fantastic weekend, it was amazing to meet up with new and old friends, and as has already been said, its great to be able to picture faces and voices to the names on here, you can 'hear' the words being said. I get so stressed driving and it was horrid for me on the trip there, but I was so relaxed, despite being tired and headachey I actually enjoyed the drive home. See you made me feel that good.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4571

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 12:50

Thank you all for everything..i know i am not renowned for being of few words...but on this occaision it has all been said except for the thank you to Billie for sharing and caring and to Karelyn for kindly donating the whole satchel and its contents to my crfat room...even if just as a temporary measure x

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 15:02

I'm blaming the table set up for me forgetting the bag, it couldn't possibly be me being brainless!!!
I know there is almost my entire stock of bling in there luckily I got one of Dawns pale pink bling packs and put that in another bag, so I have that, all my promarkers are in there and all my whispers pens, so no colouring in for me in the forseeable, a few packs of acrylic stamps poss, some brad type things in the front pocket and I don't know what else, no chocolate, that I know. A pad of paper?
Thanks Goaty for holding on to it, a good excuse for another meet up.
I knew there was someone I missed yesterday; Jo, how could I forget, the wonderful LO of DD (photo swap), she's well impressed with it, for someone who doesn't do LO's it's brilliant, don't stop there. The papers and colours are perfect and those hand cut flowers are just lovely.
Enjoy the brad KT LOL.
Had a long half day at work, morning and a bit, but not full on, so easing back into it. Trying to unpack and print DS2's phsics assignment and the printer is only printing 2 out of every 3 lines and I can't find the places to clean the print heads, and it's a new cartridge. Ho hum.
Must finish unpacking, got a lot of it done, but there are new things thet need homes including all my lovely prizes, don't want to put them away yet, still stroking them.

thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 15:26

Wow, I'm feeling quite emotional Thank you Icon_surprised .

Lorraine, you are a truly gifted teacher, as well as crafter, even if you do eat coleslaw and curry for tea Thank you Icon_lol . It took too long to get together, but it was worth the wait!

Cath, your work is gorgeous, and I think you may have had a very calming influence!

Karin, my ATC is just brilliant, and you did a cracking job of showing us all around when we arrived after our long journey.

Kate, you are gorgeous and you know what grockles are Thank you Icon_biggrin . Never lose sight of your dreams.

Helen, I am so relieved to know that a/ you really do have a face, and b/ you are not tall and bossy Thank you Icon_lol . Get scrapping girl!

Jane, for your hysterical mispronunciation I thank you, it brightened up our journey and made me exercise my pelvic flor muscles at the same time, always a bonus.

Ruth, what can I say, except that now I know it's not Promarkers that are so b***y fabulous, it's the person that uses them! I won't be buying them any time soon, but will leave that kind of care and attention to detail to one who makes the most beautiful cards. Molly's LO is just gorgeous, and she absolutely loves it, thank you!

Steph, you are naughty, but very nice. Billie's car must have been a darn sight emptier when you went home, and the girls were thrilled with their goody box.

Goaty, not sure about the orange juice and baked bean combo Thank you Icon_eek , but it was lovely to finally meet you! Hope your journey home wasn't too traumatic.

Dawn, you sat there quietly and made the most amazing layouts. Don't believe that you are really 50 tomorrow though, I reckon you're having us on!

Kim, I will never see 'Clash of the Tit-ans' without having a giggle now! Brilliant to meet you as well.

Billie, so glad that you were well enough to come. Love your ringtone!

Karelyn, you seriously need a new avatar, like now! You are gorgeous, and nothing like either Burglar Bill or the green thing that I was expecting!

Lynda, thank you for looking after us and making sure we had bags and ribbons and things that we needed. Bet you won't roll under any tables for a while after that little lot!

Steve, your photography skills are very much appreciated, thank you. By the way, you never did say if the extra bottle of booze did the trick? Thank you 528403

Scatty, you really are, and I love you for it! Not sure about navigating without your specs on, I may do some more route planning next time, in large print.

Patty, you were there as yourself, and brought a little bit of Maria with you. You make me feel tired just thinking about all the brilliant things that you do; long may you continue to live your amazing life at 90 miles an hour.

Jo, your cards and layouts are fab, and your company even better. Can't believe how many years it has taken to get together, but we did it. I'll let you know how my hairdresser gets on. Oh, and see you in October when you come to Wales!

Nona, what a fantastic surprise! Lovely to meet both you and 'Mr Teabag'.

Roll on the next one, because I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 8151
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.saltwaterstudiopembroke.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 15:30

Karelyn, for cleaning the print heads try going into control panel, double click printers. And then the one that is yours, right click and properties, might be under a tab called maintenance.

That's where mine is. After all the cleaning I did last week for the cartride they replaced.

Did they tell you about forgetting the drinks bag too. We left the bottles for the girls at premier and I've got your little tesco bag with bottle openeer etc., will post it on to you sometime this week.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4571

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 15:43

I looked for the drinks bag and couldn't see it, so I thought I must have drunk it, or someone had LOL, what was the etc? The bottle opener is gash, bin that. Thanks Karin will try the printer gen.
Have changed the avatar by popular demand ok. This one's a bit petite, but cute.
There's no maintenance tab, I had looked in there already, thanks will keep poking around, it's HP and a compaq pc if that helps.

thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 17:20

I have to add one more thanks to Steph for the great stash envelope, I am so sorry i did not thank you on Sunday but was in a bit of a turmoil with all the lovely hugs I was getting, you are all lovely people and I am very glad to call you all friends.

Thank you BThank you IThank you LThank you LThank you IThank you E

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6736
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: