Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks.....

Go down

Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... Empty Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks.....

Post by jcrulesfootball on Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 19:39

hi girls,
when i have looked in likes and dis likes section for raks ive noticed alor of you dont like shop bought toppers,
and i was just wondering what that intells does that mean you dont like any of the kanban/hunkydory and such toppers,does this include ready made embellishments?im just not sure what it includes could you girls clarify for me.
thankyou guys lolxxxx Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... 238849 Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... 854636
jcrulesfootball
jcrulesfootball
Canny Crafter
Canny Crafter

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-31

http://rickscardmakingempire.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... Empty Re: Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks.....

Post by Scrap Monkey on Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 20:47

erm, well for me, pretty much anything 'ready made', i.e 'all of the above'.

There, I've said it, follow on girls....

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 8151
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.saltwaterstudiopembroke.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... Empty Re: Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks.....

Post by thriftycrafter on Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 20:48

Liking your new pic Richard, the face fungus suits you.
Well I liked the lovely little shoes and bag you put on my card.
On the whole I think it's the blobby things that mean people don't have to be creative that people dislike.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 11917
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters on Sat 1 May 2010 - 13:11

I think what most of us mean is that we prefer to make our own Richard, be it stamping things and then using them with various techniques/decoupage/making our own flowers and embellishments etc etc rather than just buying and sticking a ready printed picture on something. Of course they are handy as a standby and we nearly all use ready bought embellishments sometimes, but we prefer to think up an idea and do mainly our own work. Gluttons for punishment really lol!

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 14852

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Sat 1 May 2010 - 14:37

eeek i dont like anything plastic ,or anything that actually takes the crafting away from you ,if its allready done and you have to have no imagination to put a card together then to me ,thats not crafting .
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13216

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine on Sat 1 May 2010 - 14:54

I'm not a lover of them either, Richard. Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16329
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty on Sat 1 May 2010 - 20:17

Its the same for me I'm sorry to say.For example, many years ago I learnt how to do quilling, now you can buy a quilled shape stick it on a card and say I made that. I want to scream no you didn't.

Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... Glowworm-1-1
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6551

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrulesfootball on Sat 1 May 2010 - 20:26

what about if you mix it up with some glitter or glossy accents along with some flowers and stones ect.
no,
mmmm
ill have to be carefull then i do use them alot and there very popular when people buy them.
will do my best girls please bare with me if the odd one slips through the net!!!lol!!
thankyoukarelyn its grown since then too!!
me mum doesnt like it i think it frames my face quiet well!!
that ive never been able to grow it properly before!!
ooh i know what you mean i did have some of those cause they were in a sale!!!but i wouldnt claim to have done them myself!!
you should see some of the gorgeous toppers ive got recently though girls there gorgeous!!!
like this,
i had a pic on fb for someone so can simply copy it over.
Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... Moz-screenshot
jcrulesfootball
jcrulesfootball
Canny Crafter
Canny Crafter

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrulesfootball on Sat 1 May 2010 - 20:32

jcrulesfootball
jcrulesfootball
Canny Crafter
Canny Crafter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 1 May 2010 - 20:58

No, ready made anythings are a no no for me too, although I am sure there are lots who like them Richard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 1 May 2010 - 22:08

Have to agree with everyone. I have some toppers for the grandchildren to
use (ones that I bought in the past) but I am so into pads, inks and stamping at the
moment .

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran on Mon 3 May 2010 - 13:26

I used to use them when I started making card a long time ago, have still got some relegated to junk drawer, I use embellishments and make my own toppers with them.

Shop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... BShop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... IShop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... LShop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... LShop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... IShop bought toppers re likes/dislikes in raks..... E

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6736

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 3 May 2010 - 19:13

I love anything crafty richard, i am always buying embellishments. I thihnk its like Marmute, you either love them or hate them...I do like anything pretty or effective....mind you, i am in the minority, as i also like peel-offs.

Love the new you.

Back to top Go down

Post by WeirdCat on Mon 3 May 2010 - 20:08

I think that ready made toppers are limiting, for example I have seen some beautiful kanban toppers, but you can't match them with anything other than kanban papers and it kind of takes the fun for me out of cardmaking. I like mixing and matching papers then colouring an image to match the papers. I also think some toppers are very poorly made, I saw some in Costco this afternoon and really a 5 year old could have done better but people will buy them because some people like them, each to their own really, boring if we all liked the same stuff

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/
WeirdCat
WeirdCat

Number of posts : 11139

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise on Tue 4 May 2010 - 21:32

I'm kind of in the middle really. I have loads of topper kanban redhotbed stuff and at the moment its not being used at all as I am doing the stamping colouring thing. Having said that I think that the cards I sell quite often like the image like that as they feel its not quite full handmade and at leastI can sell them a bit cheaper and get money back for other things.

When I very first started crafting I bought off CC a set of ready made toppers that were florals and birthdays, al lmade from handmade paper. I still have a few now and if I am really stuck for a relatives birthday for instance its something I would use.

I think our crafting habits change and its this sort of thing that we might have started with. Having said that you've done some nice cards with kit stuff before.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4571

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 May 2010 - 17:49

Ooo this is a good question and have been interested in the answers.

I too havnt been crafting that long so as Karin mentioned I think its something I definately started out with. I love hunky dory romantica packs and still use a few of these now mainly as requests from people as they love the pictures, I only use the pictures as a small part of the card and add lots of other features, I should upload some photos see what you guys think.

Anyway recently I have started making my own toppers much more frequently, using beads and beading wires, feathers etc, the funny thing is though the people I sell the cards to dont realise everything is hand made and think I have bought them and ask how much they are, so hopefully that means they look professional enough LOL.

Like Karin I am in the middle, I have used in the past, and still do once in a while, especially if its a last minute card

xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum