The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POSTED AND RECEIVED SEPTEMBER 13TH

+3
thriftycrafter
Scrap Monkey
Lorraine
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POSTED AND RECEIVED SEPTEMBER 13TH - Page 2 Empty Re: POSTED AND RECEIVED SEPTEMBER 13TH

Post by WeirdCat Sat 2 Oct 2010 - 15:42

Maria wrote:quite. One never does know whats going to happen, I certainly didnt but I would have been mortified at holding things up like this and mucking everyone else around. Thats why mum and i took steps to make sure the ones i wasnt up to doing could go to her instead. Mind you, Im lucky, Ive had Steph posting to me and shes completely reliable and always sends them so they get here in time.

Im not having a go at anyone here, neither Gillian nor the person sending to her but frankly, I have had major major upheavel this year and it doesnt change the fact that a commitment is a commitment. If you cant do it, then you need to make other arrangements, either for someone else to do it for you or to send it on without if necesary.

Playing it like this is just not fair girls - its not fair on the people whos CJ it is, the people who have to do rushed or late entries and the stress for the organizer. Please play ball. If I can, you can.

With respect Maria whilst sadly you have an excellent reason for not doing the CJ's we don't all have people who we can easily pass things onto and yes you can post things on blank but then the recipient ends up with pages missing and the person who hasn't managed to do the cj on time still has those pages to do and life continues to get in the way.

I think a person can have a CJ and think 'I must do those pages...' but this or that happens, even something minor like an unexpected bill can throw your day out and change your mindset. Some people can craft to cheer themselves up, some people need to be cheered up before they can craft. The days go on, the CJ pages don't get done, you feel more and more panicked that the pages aren't done, you either then rush them and don't do your best work ( as has happened with one of this set for me, I was in the wrong frame of mind, desperate to get it done and I truly hate and feel ashamed of the pages that went in) or you say maybe tomorrow. If you say maybe tomorrow and tomorrow never comes you feel more and more embarrassed about letting everyone down and you don't come on and post because of that embarrassment, another CJ arrives and the guilt gets worse and it's self perpetuating. Some of us are brightsiders and very positive and some of us aren't. I don't have an answer to this however given we do know the person involved and what she has going on, plus the health issues she has, rather than it being like UKS where you don't know the person from Adam, then I think this CJ will reach a successful conclusion but just maybe later than anticipated.

Incidentally I have the Handbag CJ

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/
WeirdCat
WeirdCat

Number of posts : 12260
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

POSTED AND RECEIVED SEPTEMBER 13TH - Page 2 Empty Re: POSTED AND RECEIVED SEPTEMBER 13TH

Post by Maria Sat 2 Oct 2010 - 17:16

yes Ruth but surely you know that it is a commitment before you sign up, and why would you sign up if you arent prepared to keep to the commitment?

If something untoward and unexpected happens and you cant do it you SURELY must post it on blank?

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10552
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by WeirdCat Sat 2 Oct 2010 - 18:48

You do sign up knowing it is a commitment but life has a habit of getting in the way and how you react to life getting in the way determines which things then take priority. Frustrating as this all is I think we have to give Gillian the benefit of the doubt as to whether the CJs will eventually be posted on, she has been involved with Canny Crafters for a very long time and I just think what with one thing and another things are beyond her control at the moment. I hope she does get in touch soon to put people's minds at rest but I know things were getting more complicated with the custody of one of the nieces so maybe all of that is taking her time at the moment.

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/
WeirdCat
WeirdCat

Number of posts : 12260
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 Oct 2010 - 19:28

Three Wishes is with me, is done and parcelled up ready to wait for the posting date and I will then send it on to Tina.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 13:39

I do hope that we don't all fall out over this, but I am in agreement with Maria; we all committed to doing the CJ's.I fully appreciate that life gets on the way, and in Maria's case something far, far worse happened; but she has still managed to keep the lines of communication open.

If people were prepared to at least communicate I'm sure it would save a lot of anxiety, and that fact that we are not being kept 'in the loop' is what is of most concern.

At least we know that people are still online; Facebook will testify to that one . Crying or Very sad

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 8999
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.saltwaterstudiopembroke.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Sun 3 Oct 2010 - 13:54

Yes, well I know I have Patty to help but the worst I would have done is send them on blank and say 'sorry girls, cant do this'. I do feel that a commitment is just that and if you now cant do it, then fine, pull out if you must- but don't mess everyone else up.

I hope we arent going to fall out over it too, but I have spent a lot of time, money and effort on what I have done so far and so have most of us. I am not casting aspersions about Gillian or anyone else who is holding on to one, but this is just not acceptable.

Can't whoever is 'behind' send all and any Cjs they are holding on to the next person who IS prepared to do it by the next date? If they then find they can later do the pages and send them to the owner then that would be great but if not at least the thing completes its round.

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10552
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Oct 2010 - 15:07

I have today posted Kt's CJ - Three Wishes - off to Tina as I know I cannot get to the Post Office on Monday and it isn't open on Saturdays. Please post when you get it Tina, if you could.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Thu 7 Oct 2010 - 15:12

Patty wrote:I have today posted Kt's CJ - Three Wishes - off to Tina as I know I cannot get to the Post Office on Monday and it isn't open on Saturdays. Please post when you get it Tina, if you could.

But of course Very Happy

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 8999
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.saltwaterstudiopembroke.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 15:28

Tina - I am a tad concerned as it has been a while now and the other thing I posted has been received by Lorraine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2