The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bead Spinner

2 posters

Go down

Bead Spinner Empty Bead Spinner

Post by karinlouise Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 19:43

Hi beaders,

Have any of you got, used or like this. Carol i saw a post you put a few years ago on ukb about this, have you still got one, did you manage to get it to work, was it the needle that was not working properly.

I did think about making my own, but I can't see how to hold, spin and catch the beads at the same time.

I saw it on CC and really like the idea of it. Hubby said he will get me one for christmas, Crystal Pheonix have one for £18.50. I really like the idea of this.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Bead Spinner Empty Re: Bead Spinner

Post by Bead Queen - Carol Mon 6 Dec 2010 - 13:44

Hi Karin

I have the smaller plastic one and a slightly larger wooden one, and they are brill!

I find the wooden one spins a lot better, and is less work on the hands for spinning. You will need to get some curved wide eye needles though. If you want to use it for stringing onto beading wire, curve the end of the wire slightly to make it easier to string. I needed a bit of practice with the beading wire, but it doesnt take long to get the hang of it.

I got mine off ebay, they are sometimes cheaper on there hun, here is one like i have, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bead-Spinner-/150529077367?pt=UK_Crafts_JewelleryMaking_GL&hash=item230c3b7077 there only seems to be that one on there at the moment. Hmmm, oooh just did a search and found this one from gjbeads http://www.gjbeads.co.uk/store/product/6476/Bead-Mill-Spinner/

Carol XXX
Bead Queen - Carol
Bead Queen - Carol
Super Crafter
Super Crafter

Number of posts : 678

http://www.freewebs.com/carolpassarojewellery

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 22:50

I only remembered about two hours ago that I had put this on here LOL. I've got one martin has bought me one for christmas, a medium size wooden one. its got one needle and we bought a pack of 2 extra.

Can't wait to have a go. LOL

Thanks carol, will let you know how I get on.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content