Wanna Lose A Stone!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wanna Lose A Stone!! Empty Wanna Lose A Stone!!

Post by karinlouise on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 9:59

Ok I'm aiming small. I have lots more to lose than that but have decided I really need to aim lower.

I have been trying to do something about my horrid weight for ages. I keep saying today's the day and then by teatime the day has failed. I can't afford to go to weight watchers, though a friend said something that I've been thinking about.

She said she's going to join WW for three months cos there is a reduced monthly cost at the moment, as an incentive for people to join and do the monthly pass DD. So I'm thinking, go join, get the books, stay for those few months and get a head start on losing weight and then once special monthly cost is finished I'd have to stop going.

At the end of this month when my card classes stop there will be a portion of money that would have paid for the classes, so I could use it to pay for WW.

I know there is this new Pro Points thing, not sure how it works but might give it a go. Does anyone know how it works.

So even if I don't go to classes, I am really really going to try.

My main thing is eating between meals, esp when I am at home on my own. I come home from dropping Lily and get another coffee with a biscuit, evening has loads of areas when I end up eating.

So I am going to cut out in between meal eating, meals are always what I want to eat, not going to scrimp on that. Truely believe that if I can't eat what I want for my meals that I will fail, no point eating foods I hate just to lose a pound.

I have a get together with some friends off the other forum (non craft) I am on in July.

Possible wedding reception in August...don't know if I'm invited yet but as its a school colleague I think I will be (Confident eh?)

and of course the New Year Gretna wedding.

So off I go eh? ........................

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4571
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Wanna Lose A Stone!! Empty Re: Wanna Lose A Stone!!

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 11:10

Go for it Karin. Just make up your mind you want to lose that stone and stop eating between meals and you will do it! Put a big beautiful notice on your biscuit tin, sweetie jar, bun box, or whatever else you sneak something from. I have always felt that eating between meals is just not on, although I have a huge appetite!

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 12:34

Yes, go for it! Good idea to aim small: gives you the time to lose the weight without so much pressure. Maybe try having something else with your teas and coffees: since Steve and I have had the hiatus hernias and they say we should spread our food out over the day, we've taken to having some of the fruit that we'd normally eat at lunchtime with our morning coffee and afternoon tea. Banana at coffee time (the added benefit is that bananas are fairly filling) and apple at teatime. Or nibble a carrot or piece of celery. But make sure you have a treat now and then - maybe at the weekend - so you've got something to look forward to and are not tempted to "cheat" in between times.

Lynda

Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12201

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 12:35

I am the same Karin and it is so hard making the girls their dinner and not eating their left overs, thats my failing, oh and making Dave packup on a night I always sly a slice of ham or whatever I am making.

So I will have my normal lunch and then waste not want not LOL with the girls, so not good.

I have done the drastic thing of "slimfast" although it is Tesco's cheaper one, two big tubs for £6. I am one of these people who likes to see results straightaway, and I know doing this as a detox for two weeks will:

• Get rid of a lot of water
    Shrink my tummy a bit
    Get me used to eating less
    Loose a few pounds (I am hoping!)
    Give me the kickstart (kick up the bum) I need

I started this morning, had to throw nearly a slice of toast away lol that the girls didnt eat but I did it!!!

Its 12:30 and I dont feel hungry at all, have had an apple as a snack too, but should have another "shake" soon to keep my metabolism up!

I know it may all go back on when I start eating again, (It didnt last time I did it) but am hoping as my tummy may have shrunk a bit I wont want such huge portions!

Plus I know what I am like fitness - healthy eating - breads fitness - healthy eating....so hopefully I will keep up the healthy eating, lets see!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 12:43

Good luck Karin (and Emma).

Don't discount snacks; I often eat between meals and have lost 2 stone so far; just change what you eat. As Lynda says, fruit is a great choice, but I also eat snack-a-jacks, slim-a-soup or low fat cereal bars, carrots and dip. Eating little and often helps to regulate your blood sugar and stops those energy dips that leave you reaching for the biscuit tin.

I don't know the exact details of the new WW system, but am led to believe that it is going back to good old fashioned calorie counting, which is what is working so well for me. It should also make it much easier to carry on with afterwards; manufacturers may be hit and miss with their nutritional data, but they always put the calorie content on!

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 8169
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.saltwaterstudiopembroke.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 12:59

Karin. I will join you, i might have to loose a least a stone before my op, so lets do it togther and start today.

I have had no brekky, 1 chocolate biscuit, 2 sweet onion ryvita with 2 cherry toms and a small piece of stilton on one and a laughing cow light cheese on the other. not managed any water yet. 1 cup of tea and 1 cup of mocha from school machine.

so far!!!

lets really go for it shall we... i was also thinking weight watchers, but online..or i might just get old books out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 13:42

sp01goat wrote:Karin. I will join you, i might have to loose a least a stone before my op, so lets do it togther and start today.

I have had no brekky, 1 chocolate biscuit, 2 sweet onion ryvita with 2 cherry toms and a small piece of stilton on one and a laughing cow light cheese on the other. not managed any water yet. 1 cup of tea and 1 cup of mocha from school machine.

so far!!!

lets really go for it shall we... i was also thinking weight watchers, but online..or i might just get old books out.

Goaty, if you miss breakfast, your body will think you are starving and hold on to any 'reserves' even more than before....you'll find it a lot harder to lose than if you eat more often.

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 15:25

suzy & Emma, you're on.

Am feeling quite positive. I don't miss breakfast cos I know that it will be bad for me. The first time I ever walked in to a slimming club it was good old fashioned calorie counting and I started eating breakfasts then. Never looked back since, if I miss I know about it.

I had pitta with leftover bacon and bit of cheese. Grapes and small bag of crisps. Might seem bad, but I am a crisp-a-holic and if I don't eat them I miss them completely and end up on a binge !!!!

Emma hope your way works, I never liked to try the drink things cos I am convinced I will be too hungry. if I get too hungry I will end up with headaches.

So need picking at the biscuits tonight for us Em.

Suzy will meet you at the scales next week then LOL. Monday morning for me def.

Tina if I am really hungry and its not meal time i will def have a snack, as you and Lynda say its choosing the right snack LOL

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 15:42

Even though it is only day one Karin, I can honestly say I dont feel hungry at all, the shake is quite nice really, although I have had both girls wanting to try it, I have had to say its Mummy's medicine LOL!

It was hard though, as Faith had soup and bread for dinner, and I have to test see if it is not too hot, so got my "juices flowing" some nice pea and ham soup, and even worse Hollie had some left over Shepherds pie from last night !!! But I was good!

I am just going to make sure (within our budget) I have super nice things for tea.

Tonight it is low fat Beef stroganof (Dave doesnt need to know its low fat LOL) and rice.

I weighed myself this morning and I was 82.7kg (13 stone exactly) which is what I was after having Faith, so was a bit surprised thought I might be more...but stil wayyyyyy too much.

I need to get into the habit of only weighing once a week!

GOOD LUCK ALL, I am glad (although a bit scary) I have wrote what I weigh down, and can use this thread (If its OK Karin) to keep updating xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 16:32

MrsShorty wrote: and can use this thread (If its OK Karin) to keep updating xxx

You could call it the Karin and Emma show!

Lynda

lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 16:38

Karin, I'm with you on the crisp thing, I love them!! Have decided that it's actually the flavour that I like, rather than the potato bit, so I can get by quite nicely with salt and vinegar snack-a-jacks (not the big ones, they taste like rabbit food!!).

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 16:41

i'll be starting ww tomorrow as per doctor's orders. i will also try to get to leisure centre to do excercise that won't hurt my knees. the doctor wants me to lose at least 2 stone in 6 months.

i might manage that as i only lose a pound or so a week anyway. so, we're off ladies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Mon 7 Mar 2011 - 18:37

cajungirlinpembs wrote:i'll be starting ww tomorrow as per doctor's orders. i will also try to get to leisure centre to do excercise that won't hurt my knees. the doctor wants me to lose at least 2 stone in 6 months.

i might manage that as i only lose a pound or so a week anyway. so, we're off ladies.

best thing for that would be aqua-aerobics, Tuesday nights. See you up at the sports centre Jane!

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 8:06

Well done all of you.
Left overs never appealed to me, we might sneak the odd spare bit of stuffing from someone's roast, but I could quite happily leave a piece of chewed toast.
Crisps too, If I never had another I wouldn't miss them. We have crisps Tues and Sat in theory, I rarely remember to eat mine, but they seem to vanish anyway LOL Now chocolate, that's a different thing altogether, my sweet tooth is my downfall, I have to finish a meal with something sweet.
Lent starts tomorrow, so I'll be giving up biscuits, cakes and pudings. I will have fruit and yoghurt otherwise I know I would fail miserably. I know we have a meal booked and my birthday in that lot so there will be 2 puddings, but that's not too bad in 6 weeks. The fact that it's a limited period helps me. I'm not good with the forever thing, I know I would just give up and binge because I was fed up.
So, last feast up tonight, pancakes and ice cream. I'll let you know how much I lose. I won't say what I am, suffice to say, last time I weighed this much, I gave birth the following week.
Yes Jane get in the pool, and try yoga too.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 11949

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 8:09

Good luck with lent then Thrifty! I am not a crisp eater, nor a "finisher-upper" but I am a chocoholic par excellence, and cannot resist it. So the answer is, I just don't keep it in stock, but do pop to the paper shop over the road when I am at home and buy a small bar at a time.

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 8:16

I'm not a crisp-eater either: the only time I usually have them (unless they're on offer at a wedding buffet or nibbles at a friend's) is if I go to a day-class and take a packed lunch, for some reason. Puddings were dropped here a few years ago (like biscuits with coffee and tea and sherry before dinner) but it seems no matter what we stop eating there's no sign of a single ounce disappearing!

Lynda

lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 10:08

Could have sworn I replied to this but not there.
I think you are tackling this is the right way Karin, small steps,
bigger progress.
I really need to get myself into gear. Excercise (lack of) is my
problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsfeefee on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 11:03

No crisps for me either but I could live on chocolate. Like you Karelyn I have to finish a meal with something sweet so ususally have a yoghurt.
Good Luck Emma and Karelyn and everyone else who is trying to lose weight.
Mrsfeefee
Mrsfeefee
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrulesfootball on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 11:49

goon girl you can do it m8!!:))
jcrulesfootball
jcrulesfootball
Canny Crafter
Canny Crafter

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-31

http://rickscardmakingempire.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 13:00

Well yesterday went really well, Emma and I were both good girls and didn't have any biscuits at class and I had cereal for my supper.

Today however, well I will own up to eating the crisps Wanna Lose A Stone!! 302588 ....BUT...... I'll now explain why....

Last night my sweet little angel shouted to Martin and I and said she wanted a family meeting !!!! Shocked She reminded us that tomorrow is Lent (I'd forgotten and Martin not in least religious so wouldn't have known). She said she wanted to give up sweets for lent, cos she's a sweet-a-holic (not sure she knows what a-holic is though Mr Green )

She asked us what we would give up and after a bit of thought it was decided crisps (I've done it once before, two years ago)....but...

I said, its not fair if you give up sweets and we can eat them, and we give up crisps and you can eat them...we'll be staring at each other all the time, why don't we all give up sweets, to which Martin pipes up and says "and crisps".

So its agreed the Render Family is giving up sweets and crisps of all kinds for Lent.

So the reason for my binge today Embarassed , I have half a dozen packets of Asda smart price crisps in the cupboard (small bags) so have eaten a couple and will eat another for lunch as I am not going to leave them lying in the house to temp me and I refuse to throw food away, Lily and Martin can eat their flavours and then the house is empty of them. Wanna Lose A Stone!! 644628

So I am sorry for being naughty today but I PROMISE tomorrow and for the next 46 days I will not touch a single sweet or crisp. Then Easter Sunday will be yum yum day. !!!!!

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 18:18

LOL and I'm with you on the eat it up and make it worth your while losing weight thing. Did you have them in a sandwich, I do like s&v crisps with a cheese sandwich

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 11949

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise on Tue 8 Mar 2011 - 18:41

I much prefer ready salted or cheese/onion but yes I do like them in a sandwich. I had pitta bread sandwiches with grapes and crisps on the side LOL.

We've had pancakes for tea, very yummy, with lemon/sugar and others with marmalade.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by WeirdCat on Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 10:58

Good luck, I gave up crisps, it only takes two weeks for the cravings to go although the incentive for me was that they made me feel ill so it wasn't that difficult.

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/
WeirdCat
WeirdCat

Number of posts : 11176

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 11:16

Well I did so well all week, two "shakes" a day and then a nice tea.

Then its was Daves birthday weekend! and my brother was home from Leeds for the first time in ages. I didnt do too bad, but still think I could have lost more, if I had not had two takeaways and lots of alcohol!!!!

I now weigh 12st 8, which I think is 5llbs?

I know this is good, but I know I have been a bit naughty over the weekend, which was always my problem, I woulddo so well during ther week then binge a bit over the weekend on beer and food!

Next weekend is a quite one so I cant be naughty then and see what I loose

How you all been doing xx

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise on Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 22:26

I haven't touched a single sweet or crisp (though its been close at school), LOL, meals are normal and I've mostly not eaten between meals. I lost quarter of a pound. Still a loss I guess.

well done Emma, keep it up hun.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 12:46

Don't fret about it only being a quarter of a pound, Karin: it's a loss, and any loss is good work.

Lynda

lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise on Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 21:56

thats what I'm thinking Lynda LOL.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine on Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 22:09

Absolutely. A loss is a loss. Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16335
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 22:35

If you only have a small loss, you have to ask yourself,#
would I rather have lost it or put it on. I rest my case. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise on Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 22:48

Def lose Steph, definately lose. I lost quarter last week too, so thats half a pound !!!

This week a bit up and down, just don't really feel in the mood, but really do need to do something, vicious circle.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum