The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Life (hopefully)!

+10
kt_dragonfly
gingerjo
thriftycrafter
Scatty
supergran
Di Masters
Lorraine
Scrap Monkey
Maria
kimb
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 Empty Re: New Life (hopefully)!

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 10:03

Yes, you're right about the green veggies, Billie! Mr Green See? I told you it was difficult!

I know, Lorraine - it really does seem strange. But, I'm putting my faith in Martin and see what happens!

I think you can eat certain fruits Gill, but I'm not absolutely sure which ones yet. I'll have to ask Martin next week when he comes for my next meeting.

I made porage oats for brekkie this morning, using the quantities stated on the box. Blimey! It seemed to be enough to feed an army! I have a huge problem eating breakfast anyway, so there's no way I was going to manage all that. I forced down about three spoonsful, then gave up! Better than nothing, I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 12:51

I think the problem with most fruits and a lot of green veg is that they contain different types of sugars. Sugars are carbohydrates and are therefore, although not bad for you, to be avoided with the type of diet we are using. Obviously, diets are altered depending upon the desired outcome, for example, Bobs and I are on low carb diets, body builders would be on a carb free diet.

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 14:54

I couldn't do with out my veggies and fruit, I do love them.

New Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 BNew Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 INew Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 LNew Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 LNew Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 INew Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 E

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6732
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 22:47

well I think the confusion here is that peas are actually a pulse rather than a green veg - for example on slimming world peas and beans are limited on a red day as they dont count as veg at all, but as carbs. It doesnt sound weird to me.

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10552
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerjo Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 23:22

Good on you both, I have come home 6lbs heavier so need to do something. Plus I deleted photos off the camera as I looked dreadful,lol.

Your diet sounds a bit like the one I was following from the gym, I found it very difficult.
gingerjo
gingerjo
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4563
Registration date : 2008-09-05

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/EntanglesDesign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2009 - 9:43

At least you've got someone to help you explain it Bobs.

I was looking at those divided up plates which tells you how much of each thing (carbs, protein, veg/salad etc) to have on your plate for each meal. At least the outlay is only £15 for a plate, but i don't know that I would be able to be organised enough about it. My easiest way to diet is to just not eat very much. I know that I am worse at certain times of the month and usually do really well in the two weeks after my period ... it's just sustaining it for the following two weeks...... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 9:32

I'm still struggling to eat breakfast. Today, I'm hving one scrambled egg and as usual, I'm having to force it down.

We've decided that the easiest way to manage this regime, is to have planned menus for each week. Not only will this make meals easier, it will cut down on trips to Tesco and the temptations therein! We shall aim for a big weekly shop instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 9:36

good plan bobs ! you can never just pop into the supermarket to get what you went in for and stick to it can you .
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13163
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 9:55

That's why I only shop once a week, you always buy more than you need if you are popping in every couple of days (spend lot more as well)

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18733

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 10:17

Bobs wrote:week. Not only will this make meals easier, it will cut down on trips to Tesco and the temptations therein! We shall aim for a big weekly shop instead.

Great minds and all that. We decided over the weekend we have to
have one shop instead of Den popping into Tesco everyother day. He
spends more that way so we are going to stick to one big shop on a Sat.

Morning everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend.
Hugs for Patty,Maria and family. Now the funeral is over,it will probably
start hitting home a little more.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 11:11

i find a friday shop works best for us as i hate shopping on a saturday it seems to ruin the weekend , it just annoys steve as he has been working all day and friday is always a heavier day so hates shopping on fridays ,it turns out to be a battle of wills in this house re shopping for food .
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 11:31

kimb wrote:i find a friday shop works best for us as i hate shopping on a saturday it seems to ruin the weekend , it just annoys steve as he has been working all day and friday is always a heavier day so hates shopping on fridays ,it turns out to be a battle of wills in this house re shopping for food .

Den does the shopping and goes about 7am to Tesco and sometimes goes to
Asda or Sainsburys if there are any bits we need that we can only get from there.
I did suggest shopping online for the bulk of it and he could just go and get fruit,
veg and meat but he's not keen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 11:41

Good on you both for still doing this, it is hard to stick to something if you find it difficult. This is a good way to get your metabolism working hard again.
If its any help Bobs to get eatting breakfast easier try having your evening meal earlier if possible or have the big meal at midday and a light meal in the evening at least 3 hours before bed. This way you will be more hungry in the morning and ready to eat something.
The main thing is to keep at it, which I know you both will.

New Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 Glowworm-1-1
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6909

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 11:20

Martin, our personal trainer, came for his visit yesterday evening. We went through any questions we might have, he explained some more stuff about our new way of eating and it's definitely becoming clearer. Not easy to put into words though cos it's quite complicated!
He's not going to weigh and measure us for another couple of months at least and I'm afraid I couldn;'t wait that long, so I weighed myself this morning and I'm down to ......

17st exactly!

That's 13lb in just over 2 weeks. I know most of that is probably water loss, but I'm chuffed anyway!!

We have been keeping food diaries, which Martin went through, telling us if we went wrong on any days etc.

It's really nice to look back on this past almost three weeks and actually realise that we haven't had ANY foods that have been processed. Everything is natural.

My next appointment with Martin is on Monday morning here in my house, at 9.00am and he will be showing me a gentle workout to do at home. He knows I can't get my foot into a trainer yet, but he says I won't need one just yet.

Can't wait to get started!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 11:30

Wow Bobs, that's brilliant! Well done. Bet you feel healthier too!

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 8999
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.saltwaterstudiopembroke.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 11:46

WELL done Bobs thats fabulous. so glad that this is working for you and your own weigh-in has given you that much needed boost. Hope this brings you the feel good factor and you start to feel like your old self again soon.

New Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 Glowworm-1-1
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6909

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 14:04

Thats an excellent start, well done!

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10552
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 16:48

I'd settle for 13 pounds in a month.....water loss or not....well done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 17:05

There you are Bobs, I just KNEW you would do it ... and 13 lbs is a huge start for you ... keep at it gel! xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 10:55

Martin came here at 9.00am this morning, to begin my fitness training. 'Just a few gentle exercises to get you going', he says.

Well, he appeared with a step and a carry case of weights and I just KNEW I wasn't going to like it! I hate stairs at the best of times, so doing exercises with a step was never going to be fun!

So anyway, he explained the circuit I'd be doing and it didn't sound too bad - just 30 secs of each exercise (4 on the step, 2 without), repeated 5 times.

Bl**dy hell, I thought I was going to die by the end of it!!! affraid My heart was racing and my legs were soooo wobbly and I felt really, really sick! I was suppose to eat some protein (tin of tuna, mackerel fillets or something) immediately afterwards, but I just couldn't. In fact, almost as soon as Martin had gone, I had to run to the loo to be sick!

So now, I've been for a shower and I feel a bit better, but I still haven't managed to eat anything.

I'm making this sound like a nightmare - and I suppose it isn't really pleasant .......... BUT - it's my first steps (no pun intended!) towards a fitter, slimmer, healthier me, so I have no doubt it will all be worth it in the end!

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 12:01

oh my, sounds hard!!
Just that your body is not used to it, especially as you are now at home most of the time, so not walking etc as much, and have been unable to do much in the way of exercise because of your toe. Take it slowly, go at your own pace rather than his and build up gradually, you are doing so well I'm sure you will win in the end.

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18733

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 12:28

I know how you feel about the steps, as I stayed at Lesleys house last week as they were away and had to climb their stairs, as Di said your body is not used to it all but will get better, did you tell Martin you felt sick and was.

New Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 BNew Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 INew Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 LNew Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 LNew Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 INew Life (hopefully)! - Page 2 E

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 13:20

Sounds like very hard work Bobs. I'm sure it will get easier, so good luck
with it. Admire you for taking it on.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 13:35

oh no that sounds like fun....not!!!! affraid poor you , hope next time is better
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 14:39

Persevere there Bobs! It will turn into the proverbial piece of cake by the third or fourth go, so please, please don't give up ... just go slower!!! (This from someone who is now needing a lie down after that hefty walk this morning ... it is so very hot here today and the sun was beating down on the Pier!)

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 15:10

You must tell him how you were afterwards, and do keep going, I suppose it might help losing some weight if you can't eat!
Make sure you drink plenty of water though.
I must admit I felt so nervous when I started swimming agin that it made me feel ill, but now I'm much more confident, I do still check the pool before going in form time to time, but it's more for quantity of people than is anyone I know in there. The first time I just did 4 lengths and that was with a breAK, i GIVE UP AFTER 30 MAX NOW AS i'M BORED OR GOT SOMETHING MORE INTEREsTING TO DO, i COULD PROBABLY DO MORE, SO IT IS WORTH HANGING IN THERE. Oh sorry caps on.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12968

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 18:28

Tim saw him at the gym about an hour later and told him I'd been violently sick. Martin told him that's it's the sign of a good workout! Lololol

Thanks for all the encouragement, my lovelies! Loves ya

I'm SO determined to change my body that I went in to Argos this afternoon and am now the proud owner of a Reebok Step and a set of hand dumbells - the same ones I was using today.

After spending all that, there's no way I'm giving up! Lol

Karelyn - I'd love to go swimming, but I'm just far too big just now. I wouldn't be able to face going out in public with just my swimsuit on! Maybe after I've lost another couple of stones though. I really, really love swimming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 22:19

I am thinking of just starting swimming Bobs to see if I can get over my fear of the water!! The school just opposite my house has swimming classes so I may just pluck up the courage. Will be handy to get some confidence for when I go to hot places and want to get in the water - used always to rely on Kenny getting me in and swimming alongside me.

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 22:35

Is it water you are scared of Patty or the sea, its the sea that terrifies me, I will go into a swimming pool even though I can't swim very well, but never go out of my depth, my dad told me he would teach me to swim, so he just picked me up and threw me into the sea, he was a ba----d, never went near it again.

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 11:00

Oh dear - I can hardly walk today!! Lol
The muscles at the front of my upper legs are soooooo sore after the squats! Oh well, at least it shows I WAS actually using them! Mr Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next