The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

goaty's brightsider view

+3
gingerjo
Maria
thriftycrafter
7 posters

Go down

goaty's brightsider view Empty goaty's brightsider view

Post by Guest Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:03

As you may know, i was one of the last 2 to leave the retreat, jo having to wee wee just as i was leaving lol

Anyway, i missed the turn to the M6..dumbo that i am, but did an about turn and got on M6.. within 2 minutes of being on M6, i felt the car drag a bit and then heard a noise..i thought my window was not quite closed so tried to remedy it..just then a van passed flashing me...its light naughty crafters.....they pointed to my rear tyre....i had to pull on to the hard shoulder...they pulled in ahead of me and ran to help...i got out as safely as i could, bag, camera, coat and my feather cushion.....they did offer to help but i had already rung the Rac as they got to the grass i was standing on. they were most concerned as they had seen smoke coming off the tyres....they said bye and left..after offerring to stay til the rac came, which i assumed would be longer than 30 mins so i said i was ok...

Brightside of breaking down....restoration of faith in human kind..they were young and still cared.

I was all alone on M6....bright side.....the RAC came quicker as i was a woman alone.

Needing help....the brightside.....he was not bad looking and was kind and even had to unpack and re-pack the boot to get the spare out

stuck watching him change the wheel which was completely ruined........bright side..he had a nice botty....

Was a bit bored....brightside....I took some pics of the situation for scrapbook lol

was tempted to be down and sad....brightside....Patty is a brightsider and she had more to be sad about at weekend and just got on with it.x x x so i followed her example.

BRIGHTSIDE i got home safely

i had to buy a new tyre...cost about £45...brightside....the one that punctured the week before i went to turkey....cost more than that lol

HOW AM I DOING AS A TRAINEE BRIGHTSIDER PATTY? lol!

Back to top Go down

goaty's brightsider view Empty Re: goaty's brightsider view

Post by Guest Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:10

Suzy - good, good girl for brightsiding. My own brightside got a bit cloudy on the way back as I, too, had a blow out on the M1 just before the Kettering turnoff. One of the good things about being an elderly lady on one's own is that they came pronto, and also two rather scrummy traffic cops stopped with me whilst the wheel was being changed and we chatted like old friends. They were quite impressed when I told them, on bering asked if I had had an accident, that I had a 55 year clean licence!! Soon got on my way thanking my lucky stars (brightsiding to the fore!) that it was (a) daylight (b) not chucking it down with rain and (c) I didn't need a wee!!!!! I am collecting my new tyre in the morning.

You are doing really great as a brightsider and will soon have passed your probation!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:13

LOL you 2

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12989
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:16

Thank you master...your pupil is learning.....i dare not call you mistress lol

I could noit believe it when i heard you had a puncture too..was your tyre completely knacked...or repairable..mine was utterly ruined...the RAC guy said he has been to loads of tyre probs...usually due to the flipping craters on motorway and other roads...

I did get some pics which i will put up when i have time....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:19

Yes, completely knackered and the First Call (my variety of RAC) said exactly the same as the RAC said to you. The metal strands from the inside of the tyre were right through to the outside and it wasn't even circular!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:22

it was the smoking tyre that worried me when i got out and saw it, i wanted to rescue my stash...but i had to brightside that if i lost the lot in a fire....i would have to buy more lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 21:24

Atta girl! That's real brightsiding for you xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 22:04

Oh yes Goaty, youa re DEFINITELY getting the hang of it. Well done.

Mum has been teaching me too. she will have enough pupils to open a ruddy academy at this rate.

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10565
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 22:53

LOL. I will have to teach you how to change a tire then you'll be able to brightside about being able to do it yourself :)

My car is poorly and in hospital, I think it has a virus. Mum's car's been playing up last week and got better all by itself but mine came down with flu today.

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerjo Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 23:15

I cannot believe you both had a blow out, well done you Goaty.
gingerjo
gingerjo
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4563
Registration date : 2008-09-05

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/EntanglesDesign

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 23:22

As Patty texted me about her blow out, I was just stopping the car to do a U turn as I'd missed my turning onto the M69, lol.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 0:46

What an unfortunate pair you were. That's one thing I have always dreaded if I was
driving alone. These days I can't drive more than a couple of miles with my
horrible feet/legs so it doesn't come into the equasion any more but I feel for both
of you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 7:51

Well I did feel it was slightly unfair, as I had had a huge blowout on a tyre en route for an urgent call to the Hospital last year!! Thought that was going to last me another 50 years, as that was when I had the previous flat!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 8:20

I think even if you know how to change the tyre you are still better off calling the RAC or whoever, I mean these days they do those nuts up so tight you dont stand any chance of getting them off by hand.

Anyway, pardon me for saying so but I dont WANT my 72 year old mother standing by the side of the M1 changing a tyre!

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10565
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 8:55

thats what you pay all the annual fees for anyway ,you may as well make use of them as and when you can .anyway goaty would have ruined her blue nails
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13163

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 15:07

I, too, was amazed that 2 cars (bearing in mind there were a lot less cars than retreaters doing the journeys) had had tyre blowouts on the way home. Well done to the breakdown services for coming quickly to both of you - and thank goodness the weather was kind, too. Glad you were both OK, apart from the shock that you must both have had when it happened.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17261

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 20:20

Blue nails, what blue nails..or was it stazon, i didnt have polish on them x

Hubby was pleased i had called Rac, although he would have come to rescue if i had asked him, i also sorted the replacement and they have done all the checks possible on the new ones and old i.e. balancing and inspection...the new tyre is even guaranteed against puncture or damage...free replacement if they cant fix....for life of tyre. as the tyre tread wears beyond a certain mm depth, i would have to pay some towards new tyre..less tread left ,more payment towards new relacement...so for under £50 it seems good to me

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 20:33

By heck I think i need sunglasses with all this brightness LOL. Pleased you both were sorted quickly though. Punctures are my worst fear as I know I couldn't change it (back) and as Kim said, might as well ring them to sort when we pay all that money.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content