The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nestabilities

3 posters

Go down

Nestabilities Empty Nestabilities

Post by Guest Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 16:26

Well, for those of you who have these, can you help me with my confusion. Have seen these and I am sure I am going to treat myself to a set (it's time I treated myself) of them. Do they emboss of not. I see adverts where they are shown as doing so and then pictures where they do not look embossed at all. Do you put them through twice to achieve this? Do you need two sets so that you can put a plain circle inside a scalloped circle say. Feeling a bit thick here. I have a cuttlebug.

Then, oh dear, oh dear, which set to choose? There are so many.

Back to top Go down

Nestabilities Empty Re: Nestabilities

Post by Lorraine Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 17:05

Yes, yes and yes, Jan. lol!

You don't have to have two sets but they work much better if you do. The plain circle will fit perfectly inside the scalloped circle. The petite has the smaller scallop. The classic have a larger scallop.

They will emboss, but not, I think, like you're expecting. You do put them through twice but the only thing that embosses is the outer rim which really just gives a nice finish to them. You will need the embossing mat to do this.

Most people put their images onto the plain circle (or whatever shape) and mat that with the scalloped one.

I have the Standard circles small with the petite scalloped circles small, the Classic ovals small and Classic Scalloped ovals small, Labels eight and Labels one. I love 'em.

I also have some of the Impressibilities, but I'm NOT impressed with them.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 20:10

Would that be the "tan" mat that I have seen? And where would be the best place to buy them. Seen some in a little craft shop down in Swansea but they were far too expensive. Ebay, I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 20:29

It would, hun. BUT..I use the sizzix mat. That was £4.99 which isn't too bad.

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Wed 3 Feb 2010 - 21:26

I have 5 sets of these now and as lorraine says you put it through twice to get the rim. Having said that for the big shot I have four pieces of A5 card between my white plate and first clear plate, this acts like an adapter. I then put the shapes on the first clear plate, card nice side down, next clear plate and roll. More often than not I still get a faint emboss.

If I want a clearer one I take out a piece of card, put the mat on top of the shape thats just cut, top plate back on and roll again.

Its easier than it sounds and would be happy to explain easier.

Most shops sell the tan mats as a twin pack, our shop decided to split and sell seperately, I think I paid £1. If you'd like I will try to get you one to bring in April. I did try using an old mousemat but it was way too think. The mat is rubber and so stretches a bit too when going through which I think its supposed to.

I do love my shapes and will be getting more just as soon as I can, esp the brackets shaped one. Not sure of title. Am bring nesties to the retreat Maria, so you can always have a play first.

I actually bought a magnetic sheet last week (also £1) which was A4 and I cut it in two so it goes through machine but will hold the shapes where I want them, using two (1 scallop and 1 plain) I can get a lovely frame....any combination really.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 20:15

I received my scalloped ovals today, I don't know what land I think I'm living in but I thought they'd be bigger, am feeling very underwhelmed, then even though I read I needed an embossing mat I forgot to buy one.
My biggest gripe is the price of these, then the price of the embossing mat on top.
Maybe I'll look more kindly on them when I can see the whole thing with embossing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 20:39

Watching this with interest Nestabilities Icon_biggrin Nestabilities Icon_biggrin

if you get a tan mat for £1 i would love one Karin, i will of course pay you for it x

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 21:16

Gillian, I totally agree with you about the price, but I'm so sorry that you're disappointed with them.
I wasn't sure at first, but now I love them and I use them all the time.

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 21:57

Gillian - now you can see what Lorraine has done with hers on the other thread it is enough to give us all inspiration to use them! All the ladies in my craft club use them all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 23:13

Thanks Patty I looked and I love what Lorraine has done, that only makes me want more lol. I've ordered the mat and once I get going with it I'll be happy, I'd ordered a fiskars threading water punch too, it was cheaper and I can see why I was paying that money but I think I'm a bit tight lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 23:24

I felt that way about the first set of labels I got. But now I've used them once or twice they don't look too bad. I have the ovals both plain and scalloped, but there are two different sets. Mine are Petite Ovals Large. Sort of defeats the object saying petite and large in the same title. But they do quite well for most of my projects.

I've decided I need the hearts, circles and another set in a squarer shape.

Suzy, I will do my best. xxx

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 9:05

Thanks Karin, I have replied to your pm.

must get me some of these lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 17:09

Well I finally have my first set....octagonal embossing ones. Bought them so that Dave could give them to me for my birthday amongst other things....he's never had it so easy. I forgot to get the mat, even though we had talked about it so haven't tried them out yet, well I know I could just cut them.

Karin, will you be going near that shop where you got yours? Absolutely no rush. I would love to take you up on your offer but I would have to pay you to send it to me as I will not be going to retreat.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 20:46

didn't someone on here use corrugated card instead of the mats ,if it was not on here it was somewhere else ,,crfat club or similar , so try that then you dont have to wait for the mats
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 12:01

here is another site that i found. i am seriously thinking of ordering from here. they sell a huge variety of styles and sizes. go have a look at: http://www.kandjcrafts.co.uk/index.php/cPath/82_1019_148_997

i just received by borderabilities yesterday and getting ready to play.

here is another website. some are on sale here: http://www.craftydevilspapercraft.co.uk/93-wizard.asp?page=1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down