The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cath's Tales

3 posters

Go down

Cath's Tales Empty Cath's Tales

Post by cb Mon 1 Sep 2008 - 21:45

I'm Cathrine as my proper name with an unusual spelling - no middle 'e', apparently after an aunt of my Mum's. Celebrated my 50th birthday last week.
Live in Stockport Cheshire with Malcolm my husband of 22 years this Saturday (6th Septmeber) and Tom 20 and Sarah 17 who we adopted June 2000 after they had been with us since Decemebr 1995 - a lovely Christmas present. We wouldn't be without them but boy have they caused us some grief along the way! Tom joined the army but decided it wasn't for him in February this year and now works at Pets at Home until he decides what the future holds for him. Sarah is still at college and wants to do hairdressing.
I've been a nurse since I left school and am presently the Sister on the Endoscopy Unit at our local hospital.
Malcolm had to give up work in 1993 due to ill health (asthma, arthritis, osteoporosis, DVT's, leg ulcers to name but a few of his problems) but bides his time doing voluntary work (mainly the paperwork) for local carnivals.
We also have our lovely dog Holly a 6 year old Border Collie and she's gorgeous.
Very close to my family who consist of Mum & Dad in their 70's but both fighting fit, 2 brothers and 1 sister all with other halves and families - total 19 when we are all together which we do manage a few times a year.
I mainly make cards and for the last 2 years have held a class for my mum and 4 of her friends, all ladies from church on a Wednesday evening where we have great fun. Recently joined a card class myself for some more new ideas.
Have dabbled in scrapbooking since joining the forum and intend to do more.

Last edited by cb on Mon 1 Sep 2008 - 22:32; edited 1 time in total
cb
cb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4405
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Cath's Tales Empty Re: Cath's Tales

Post by WeirdCat Mon 1 Sep 2008 - 21:56

Should that be December 1995? Why did you have to wait so long to adopt them?

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/
WeirdCat
WeirdCat

Number of posts : 12272

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Mon 1 Sep 2008 - 22:30

yes, also a bit confused about the dates...how old were they hen you first got them and are they biological siblings?

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10572
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cb Mon 1 Sep 2008 - 22:32

Oops yes it should Ruth thanks will go and edit it. Problems with their birth mum who disappeared and then just before the adoption was found down south somewhere, said she wanted them back after having no contact for over 5 years and no way was she. Fortunately things went right for us and have had no contact since.
cb
cb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by cb Mon 1 Sep 2008 - 22:34

Yes they are brother and sister. Tom was 7 and Sarah 4 but because of her learning difficulties was more like a toddler of about 2.
I rememeber sending out our Christmas cards with their names on and having to say we'd not had twins!
cb
cb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Mon 1 Sep 2008 - 22:41

Oh thats a lovley story. Has Sarah still got learning diffiuclties? (sorry if thats an obvious thing - i know nothing about that sort of stuff and dont mean any offence by it). What learnign difficulties does she/did she have? (feel free to ignore me if Im being too nosey)

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by cb Mon 1 Sep 2008 - 22:59

Not a problem Maria. They both actually have learning difficulties but Tom was able to attend mainstream school whereas Sarah has always been at schools for moderate learning difficulties. It all stems from her being a prem baby, having to have heart surgery and not being given medication she needed by her birth Mum. Over the years she has greatly improved but although she is 17 her behaviour is sometimes that of a girl a lot younger although she wants to do what girls of her age do and can't understand that we wont always let her. It's only over the last 12 months that she's gained more independence and going to college has helped tremendously. Sh'e very vulnerable and is not always aware of things that are wrong and the consequences. So you can see what difficult times we've had , or I've had having to cope with everything but fortunately we've got lots of family support and have had some good advice from people on her too.
cb
cb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Sep 2008 - 23:00

Lovely to read about you Cath since we had such a short but sweet acquaintance at the Craft Weekend. A lovely family by the sound of it too - I simply love families.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Mon 1 Sep 2008 - 23:05

Well Cath, I am glad you have told me that. A couple of times you have posted things and I have thought your childrens behaviour sounded most odd and unacceptable but it makes more sense now.

thanks for sharing.

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by WeirdCat Tue 2 Sep 2008 - 15:09

That's the problem when you have SEN kids, you don't half develop a look to the horizon stare when out and about and you only ever confide amongst friends when things get difficult because you can guarantee some sympathy rather than 'Well just smack him, never did me any harm' type comments

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/
WeirdCat
WeirdCat

Number of posts : 12272

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down