The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

slice

4 posters

Go down

slice Empty slice

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 11:46

I bought the slice for die cutting because I am disabled it was a fabulous size for me to pick up & move about,but it was very selective about which paper or card it cut, when it cut well it was great but more often than not it ruined the card or whatever else it was cutting at £150.00 it was a lot of money to be so faulty ,if they improve it at a later date I would buy another one.
Sue1

Back to top Go down

slice Empty Re: slice

Post by Lorraine Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 12:16

I'd never heard of this so I googled. It does look like a handy bit of kit but OMG!!!! what a price you paid. affraid Making Memories themselves are selling them for £70. Typical of UK market prices isn't it?

I have a CraftRobo and must admit, I love the freedom it gives me to make my own things.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 13:44

I used to want a slice, but it looked like you would be forever buying other bits for it, and also it looked like it took an age to cut anything.

Ive got a cuttlebug which is good when I use it - i dont use it enough, but really only because I have only got one alpahbet and I find alot of the dies a bit cutesy for me.... ive just ordered another alphabet though, so hopefully that will mean I use it more. I do use it for embossing though.

do you have to buy lots of replacement mats for the slice?

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10572
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 14:14

I was tempted by the slice, but first the price (compared to US prices) was a bit steep for me and secondly I read quite a few people had problems similar to yours. Glad now that I didn't get one.
Will stick to my CB unless I come into some money and can afford a Robo lol.

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18810
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 14:36

I haven't even heard of the Slice, so you're all one up on me. I still have my old Zip-e-Mate and have just found someone in the States who still sells the bits and pieces, with reasonable postage, too. I only looked because I saw Di's (I think) post about the Sizzlits bargains, only to find I need a special converter mat for them. But I also have a Cricut, which was bought with my 60th birthday present money. Only have two cartridges for it though, as most of the others only have some motifs I would use. When we move up there, Sue, I will bring my die cutters round and I can turn the handle/press the buttons for you.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17286

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 17:35

Two friends of mine at my craft club had the Slice and both sold it on, because it was so picky about what card/paper it would use! The finished results weren't that good either, and one of them has a Cricut but had won the Slice in a raffle, so kept it for a while but, as I say, sold it because of its uselessness at all sorts of things. They both said it would cost a fortune to get all the gear for it too.

Back to top Go down

slice Empty move up soon

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 17:54

Hi Lynda, it really is time you got that house sold & moved to yorkshire,well at least you see I have joined you all, I am in touch with Steph thankyou, will ring you soon,my legs have let me down now both of them so I am in trouble, back to the slice I liked the idea that you could emboss aswell but it really will have to improve for me to buy it again.
Thanks for replies Sue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 18:15

You can, of course, emboss with the wondrous Cuttlebug too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 18:29

I nhave never used a cuttlebug are they good
Sue

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 18:34

aww they are excellent. only drawback is the price of the alphabets.

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10572
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

slice Empty how expensive

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 18:41

Hi Maria they can't be more expensive than the slice alphabets Sue

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 18:45

You'd need some help with the Cuttlebug, too, Sue. Maybe someone will wave their magic wand and we'll sell the house - my die-cutters need more use, and Sue is the ideal person to want some die-cuts!

Don't worry about ringing: we can keep in touch on here now! Sorry about the legs: will have to die-cut you some new ones.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17286

Back to top Go down

slice Empty LEGS

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2009 - 18:49

If somebody can cut some legs that would be fantastic, I wish but what about the rest of my body Lynda you know what a wreck that is Take care Sue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down