The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am bitterly disappointed

+2
kt_dragonfly
supergran
6 posters

Go down

I am bitterly disappointed Empty I am bitterly disappointed

Post by supergran Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 13:10

I ordered and received a Wizard die cut and embossing machine, it said it could do all other dies and the brass embossing stencils, which sounded great as I have a few of these and it is the embossing I wanted to do, it has a dvd with it but that was faulty from half way through, so could not see how to use the other dies etc; when I tried to use it following the minimal instructions I managed to do a die cut with the little one that was in the pack but when I tried to emboss it only came out on the sides, the middle was blank, and you need Jeff Capes muscles to wind it through, and trying to do it with the other dies etc it would not even go through, trouble is the person in the shop who knows all about it is of sick at the moment, and won't be back till Monday, and as I have diligently followed the instructions which say before you use any of the plates mark them as to what they are, so now I doubt if they will take it back.

I am bitterly disappointed BI am bitterly disappointed II am bitterly disappointed LI am bitterly disappointed LI am bitterly disappointed II am bitterly disappointed E

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6732
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

I am bitterly disappointed Empty Re: I am bitterly disappointed

Post by kt_dragonfly Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 13:43

Awwwwww that sucks Billie! I hate it when I cant get something I've been looking forward to to work!

Maybe when the person whose off sick is back in they'll be able to show!

Dragon I am bitterly disappointed KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5642
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 13:55

HAVE A LOOK ON YOUTUBE BILLIE , THERE MAY BE SOME VIDEOS TO LOOK AT ON THERE oops sorry caps lock on
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13163

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 14:05

sorry I dont know anything about these machines, but maybe someone else on here does?

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10577
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 15:30

If it's faulty, Billie, there's no way they can't take it back even if you have marked the plates up. After all, how could you test it without following all the instructions, including marking the plates?

I've never even seen one used, let alone used one, but the roller-type die-cutters do need a certain amount of oomph to feed the plates and die through. I should leave it now till the person is back at the shop: take it in, tell them about the faulty DVD, show them how hard it is to roll stuff through and what you got when you tried embossing (take in the brass stencils that you used and the embossed paper/card that resulted). Approach it from the "am I doing anything wrong, particularly as I couldn't watch the demo on the DVD" angle - that way, the advantage is yours. Get them to show you exactly how it works with the die that came with it and your stencils, that way you will see whether they have difficulty winding it through and what results they get from the cutting and embossing. If they have no problems, get them to help you while you do it, so you know definitely that you're doing it right (but make sure they order you a replacement DVD). If they have problems, too, they should change it for you - but get them to try out the replacement machine before you take it home!

I'm sure you'll love die-cutting and embossing once the problems have been sorted out.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17312

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 16:06

Billie this video on you tube shows how to emboss with stencils https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyW3EFakfKM
it's going on for 3 minutes before she shows you how to emboss using stencils.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 17:00

Billie, your statutary rights will cover it if it is faulty.

But...have you got the embossing mat? To emboss with these machines, (sizzix, bug etc, etc) you need an embossing mat. That is what gets squeezed through the stencil to emboss the card. I don't know of any machine that works without one, although of course, I may be wrong. Either way, they take some oomph to wind through, hun.

I think you may find that there are different sandwiches for the plates for different makes of dies and embossing stencils too, so have a look on Youtube, but also go back to the shop on Monday.

I'm so sorry for your disappointment, hun. I can totally relate to that with my bl**dy ProMarkers, lol.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 22:18

Panic over once I calmed down I went back and played around with the plates and mats and finally got them all to work, and yes Lynda you really need a lot of Oomph, there is still a couple of things I have to sort out with the chappy, like telling him to tell the makers that the instructions are crap as they are not for this machine but the previous one, this is the new improved one, so I will now go on to the other thread and edit my post with what I really have got I am bitterly disappointed Lol I am bitterly disappointed Lol I am bitterly disappointed Lol I am bitterly disappointed Lol

I am bitterly disappointed BI am bitterly disappointed II am bitterly disappointed LI am bitterly disappointed LI am bitterly disappointed II am bitterly disappointed E

Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6732
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum