The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!!

+2
kimb
jcrulesfootball
6 posters

Go down

Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! Empty Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!!

Post by jcrulesfootball Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 19:48

i couldnt see this mentioned anywhere and thought id post it incase you guys hadnt heard yet,
the news came out tuesday i think,

Leonie Pujol is leaving QVC to join the team at Create and Craft/Ideal World. Her start date is the 8th November, she will be on their stand at the NEC in Birmingham, then in studio on the 10th.

Speaking on http://leoniepujol.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">her blog Leonie said:

"They really have offered me a fantastic and exciting opportunity to be a Craft Presenter alongside Stephanie, which will give me lots of new and fabulous challenges.

Of course, anyone who knows me will know my close relationship with Dawn, and trust me this has been an incredibly difficult decision to make. We have not fallen out, I am not leaving because of anything Dawn has done - quite the opposite. I have, and will always, value Dawn's friendship. She is such a talented lady, who I have the utmost respect for and will always be grateful for all her encouragement and praise of my work over the years, and it has been many years, which is why this has been so very difficult and upsetting. It is with great and sincere sadness I leave QVC and Dawn, but with excitement, (and scary wobble belly) that I start the next chapter of my life.

I hope I leave one place, but do not loose those who stay.

I have driven all those near and dear mad over the last few weeks, thank you to everyone who has had me go on, and on and on. Thank you to Dawn and Abbie, who were brilliant and I know you really tried for me. I will miss the customer events, and of course coming up to the demonstrations and seeing all the Topaz Team, who I have always missed being part of. I hope I leave with everyones blessing, and do not loose people who have become an important part of my life.

All this said, I am looking ahead. I am very excited - I have been up to C&C and met lots of great people, and can not wait to start. There's alotta craft out there, so I recon there's plenty of room for two channels to be doing it without having to be bitter rivals, well I really hope that is the case and not my happy clappy version of life. Viva la difference (is that the right expression or have I used it in completely the wrong context?).

Well, that's my newsflash over. I now have time to catch up on all those things on my "to-do" list - and mental space to blog more often! I need to read a dictionary a night in order to improve my vocab though - a presenter!! Not everything can just be "fab" can it. Gulp."

Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! Affraid Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! Affraid Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! Affraid Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! Lol Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! Lol
im shocked i will be watching her just a shame she wont have the products too match most of the time!!!
unfortunatley someone said this could mean we will see more of amy!!!!!
the thought of that makes me want to lose the will to live!!!
i was looking forward to seeing craft today too so i just had it running on pc with no volume!!!
jcrulesfootball
jcrulesfootball
Canny Crafter
Canny Crafter

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-31

http://rickscardmakingempire.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! Empty Re: Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!!

Post by kimb Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 20:01

richard why are you so qvc mad ,its pants !
from the few times ive watched for as long as i can suffer it
leonie has always taken a back seat to dawn and is a much better crafter so she will not be overshadowed by her now.
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13163
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! Empty Re: Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!!

Post by Di Masters Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 20:26

Hopefully she will get to show if she is any good as a proper crafter rather than simply a sales person and "push out and stick it on" type for Bibby/Kanban as QVC has become.

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18828

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrulesfootball Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 20:32

well i know c&c has its fans and i know they show loads of demos and that they probably are better on things like stamps but the amount of times i just put it on for a potd or potw or anytime really there products do nothing for me at all!!and some of there programs are awfull.
where as i just feel that qvc bring gr8 quality items at mostly gr8 prices.
ive bought so many goodies from them over past 3 years and i think my cards are much better for it.
leonie is my favourate i always thought so and will be sad to see her go it wont be same without her :-(
they also supply alot of my favourate brands in craft aswell like dcwv,k&co,kanban,jollynation,anna griffin,colorbok,american traditional,american crafts ect..and those are just the ones i really like!!!
so often i just watch c&c and it just doesnt excite me atall im afraid.
some of there recent kanban kits have been unbelievable value when you consider the topper sheets are £1.49 each!!.
but i will definatly be watching c&c now whenever leonie is on.
jcrulesfootball
jcrulesfootball
Canny Crafter
Canny Crafter

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 21:00

none of it excites me im afraid , im certain you would get much more for your money in the shops richard . their prices are so over inflated , most of it anyway , a few of the kits are ok prices and sometimes even good value for money but its all old stuff , been out months ,years in some cases .
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13163

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrulesfootball Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 21:06

i do browse alot online so i tend to know whats good value on there and what isnt .
but there are alot of kits where i wouldnt have a clue where to find the products if it wasnt for them.
anna griffin stuff for instance ive looked online alot and im pretty sure qvc have the biggest range of her products in the uk.
i cant get to shops so have to rely online.
alot of there kits are normally alot cheaper.
where do you shop?have you any links i do have quiet a few in my favourates but there may be a few im not aware of.
lolx
jcrulesfootball
jcrulesfootball
Canny Crafter
Canny Crafter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 8:42

Yes Kim, I am totally with you on this. One of my craft club friends told me to watch it now I have a TV and Freeview, but I couldn't be bothered as I truly feel the shops are having such a hard time with internet competition and it is so lovely to actually go to a shop and choose matching bits. That way you only seem to buy what you need (well, that's a bit of a fib!!) but even on line the shops seem to have loads of things at far, far better value, don't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 21:50

Well I think she needs her head read. She's definitley not knitting with two needles making that move. C & C is one of the most boring and unprofessional stations going. Stephanie bores you to death...still, Dawn v Stephanie....hmmmmmmmmm close run contest that. Worst of two evils. Mr Green

Just my two pennorth, Richard. Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 21:56

Personally I hate the fact they spend so much time SELLING stuff rather than actually doing demos! Also they are soooooooooooo fake about it all!

Dragon Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5642

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrulesfootball Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 22:15

Lorraine wrote:Well I think she needs her head read. She's definitley not knitting with two needles making that move. C & C is one of the most boring and unprofessional stations going. Stephanie bores you to death...still, Dawn v Stephanie....hmmmmmmmmm close run contest that. Worst of two evils. Mr Green

Just my two pennorth, Richard. Mr Green

thats ok m8 im not a big fan of c&c myself also dont like watching amy on qvc. Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! Icon_cheers
jcrulesfootball
jcrulesfootball
Canny Crafter
Canny Crafter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 3 Nov 2009 - 20:57

I have to disagree about Stephanie, in real life at least...I met her a couple of times at Colemans, she was amusing , not in the least snobby and very talented, i do wonder if the station stunts her a bit, she doesn't come over as professional as she is.

I do watch both, i mostly find Dawn is very likely to talk me to sleep rather than into parting with cash lol

and leonie with her 'ickle' etc drives me nuts but i will probably watch it when i can

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 Nov 2009 - 13:55

Have only ever bought once or twice fronm either channel but I have to say that just sometimes it gives ideas to those of us who cannot go to craft clubs or find their only craft shops very limited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Wed 4 Nov 2009 - 14:07

That's why I enjoy the occasional (very) show on C&C. They have a couple of demonstrators who appear once in a while that show some lovely techniques with stamps/inks etc.
QVC very rarely do, all they seem to want to do is sell as much ready to do stuff - no creative work.

Agree with Leonie's "ickle" Suzy - so annoying!

Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 Nov 2009 - 14:51

I often watch C&C simply because they do loads of demos. I rarely buy but
can pick up lots of tips and techniques. Also it's a bit of company in the daytime Leonie is leaving qvc!!!!!and going to c&c!!!!! Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Wed 4 Nov 2009 - 15:03

It's usually when Tony has gone to bed and I am channel hopping trying to find something to watch, or 7.30-8am if I get fed up with news. Telly isn't often on during the day until somewhere around 4-5 pm.

Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 Nov 2009 - 15:59

i can't steph. she needs to increase her vocabulary. i prefer leonie's "ickle" to steph trying to describe or explain something.

as far as local shops go here at the ends of the earth we have no craft shops what so ever so we depend on internet and telly.

the only good shop we had closed down.

Back to top Go down

Post by WeirdCat Fri 13 Nov 2009 - 7:04

If only they'd get rid of Dawn then I might be able to watch QVC with the sound turned up. Their prices are way out too, stuff is only cheap when they sell in bulk and often it is nice to have one or two things but not the whole shebang. Their P&P is a rip off, more than first class postage for a second rate service

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/
WeirdCat
WeirdCat

Number of posts : 12273

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down