The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie saying Hello

+8
kimb
thriftycrafter
cb
Scatty
lyndaejane
Maria
Di Masters
Lorraine
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newbie saying Hello - Page 2 Empty Re: Newbie saying Hello

Post by Guest Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 22:14

No, can't be the Bakers Oven as they are a huge chain all round Essex and not privately owned. Home Made Bakers is the main one in Leigh on Sea itself, oh and Greggs but I think that's a chain too! Then there's Gilberts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 23:15

Ooh Patty, might be Gilberts! Sounds familiar, I must get in touch and ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 16:18

Well its a small world for you to know that area to Ruth. Even if there isn't that much there but we often used to go exploring in the woods when the kids were young, mainly cos MIL didn't like the kids to be in the house. Newbie saying Hello - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Newbie saying Hello - Page 2 Glowworm-1-1
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6909
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 19:28

Small world indeed. Leigh isn't a place I've been to as my cousin lives away from the town ( won't mention where on a public forum) but do have several friends in Essex and some of my other family history has lead me to Southend and recently I'm given to understand Clacton might be in the frame as well. If you go to Sheerness waterfront its easy to see Southend across the water and on a clear, sunny day the wind surfers can be picked out very clearly. We have done the same in the other direction and stood on the end of Southend pier; Sheerness and the surrounding area is very easy to see. Have a good pair of binoculars and you can see the Tesco supermarket by the prom (if the mood takes you!!) and also the top of the road bridge that leads you off Sheppey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2