The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CJ POSTINGS...

+2
Scrap Monkey
Lorraine
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CJ POSTINGS... Empty CJ POSTINGS...

Post by Lorraine Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 11:21

Girls, WHAT is going on with these CJ's???????

A day or two late in posting isn't a problem, I'm guilty of that myself, but weeks is just not good enough.
When we all signed up to do this, we made a commitment, otherwise what the heck is the point in having posting dates?

If one isn't passed on that next person is late, and so on down the line. It's not fair.

I know we all have lives and sometimes are really busy, I'm busier than I've ever been, but even so.......

PLEASE...there's only 3 left so can we try to get them done and OUT ON TIME.

Meanwhile, I sit patiently (or not, obviously) waiting for my next one to get to me.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

CJ POSTINGS... Empty Re: CJ POSTINGS...

Post by Guest Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 15:01

Could I just check, as I am just doing this one month (I think!) that it is due to be posted by 11th October? Thanks Lorraine. xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 15:43

Patty wrote:Could I just check, as I am just doing this one month (I think!) that it is due to be posted by 11th October? Thanks Lorraine. xx

Hi Patty, yes post on 11th October to me please. Smile

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 8999
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.saltwaterstudiopembroke.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 17:51

I think I also told Mia I would do "My favourite place" for her too, OK?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 20:47

I have no problem with you doing any pages in my CJ Patty Very Happy Loves ya Loves ya

Last edited by Scrap Monkey on Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 20:57; edited 1 time in total

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 20:53

Patty wrote:I think I also told Mia I would do "My favourite place" for her too, OK?

OK- I think that's the one I get last - not absolutly sure though.
What about wild cats which I have next - is that one ok Maria ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 21:57

yes Steph that's fine. its the ones requiring remembering, wishing etc that are too personal,

do send wildcats whenever.

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10571
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 22:02

Maria wrote:yes Steph that's fine. its the ones requiring remembering, wishing etc that are too personal, do send wildcats whenever.

Haven't received it from Helen yet so will be a while, but will get to
you asap.

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Fri 17 Sep 2010 - 17:24

If you are going to be late in sending on a cj, surely it's best to take pics of it/make notes and measurements and post it on time without your pages in, then send the pages on when they are ready, rather than hold up the next person.
I'm sure none of us would mind sticking someones elses pages in too.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12995
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 22:27

Lorraine I totally understand and having read Karelyns idea I think I'll post the one I have started to Kim then ask her if she wouldn't mind sticking my entry in later.
There is a back log I must admit. I know I was weeks late with the last one I apologise for that, I never realised so much would change for me this year, I've always got loads of things I should be doing at once.
I received a lovely letter from Sue saying she was working on another now and it would be posted soon, she has computer problems at the moment so can't post on the board yet.
I'll do my utmost to help with the backlog as I receive the CJs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Mon 4 Oct 2010 - 16:49

GillianScrapper wrote:Lorraine I totally understand and having read Karelyns idea I think I'll post the one I have started to Kim then ask her if she wouldn't mind sticking my entry in later.
There is a back log I must admit. I know I was weeks late with the last one I apologise for that, I never realised so much would change for me this year, I've always got loads of things I should be doing at once.
I received a lovely letter from Sue saying she was working on another now and it would be posted soon, she has computer problems at the moment so can't post on the board yet.
I'll do my utmost to help with the backlog as I receive the CJs.

Have you heard any more from Sue at all Gillian?

Does anyone have a phone number for her at all?

I think we need to establish who has which CJ at the present time, and whether there is any chance of getting them moving (either completed or incompleted pages), otherwise we are in danger of letting this whole thing fall apart Crying or Very sad

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Mon 4 Oct 2010 - 17:18

Quite.

I have wildcats, which isnt due to be posted on until the NEXT posting, ie November. Steph just send it early because she was done with it. Mum has 3 wishes instead of me, and its done and shes ready to post it on at the posting date. She will also do the final one for me (fave places) and post it on to Tina when done but that isnt due until December

The problem is the same people are answering here as the ones who arent holding it up. We need to here from those who DO have CJs that are behind the schedule.

Can Cynthia, Sue, Gillian, Kate and Ruth tell us, for example, which ones they have got. I know Sue hasnt got a computer at the mo but arent she and Cynthia friends? couldnt she ask her? Sorry if that isnt the right people but it looks like those are the ones we arent hearing from.

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Mon 4 Oct 2010 - 17:40

Ruth has the Handbag, I post to her, so we know it arrived safely.

At the risk of upsetting everybody, do we hold onto certain people's CJ's until they forward ours on? Otherwise they'll get their own ones back and we won't.

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Mon 4 Oct 2010 - 18:56

i dont have any cj's at the moment
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 4 Oct 2010 - 22:38

I think I may have posted this on another CJ-inclined thread, but I have Kt's Three Wishes, all done and parcelled up ready to post on the due date.

This is, of course, one of the two I said I would do for Mia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 9:47

I don't have any either and have completely lost track as to what I should have.
I think the last one I did was The fave Places one. Was that Tina's?

I don't want this to get out of hand, nor anybody fall out over it. I'll tell you now though, I won't be doing another and that's such a shame. Mind you, I might change my mind..I've done that before, lol.

If we stop the postings then I think we're in serious danger of never seeing them again.
Gillian has not posted on the empty ones and from what I read the other day, I think Cynthia and Sue are behind too, so we need those 3 to catch up and send. Unfortunately, I have no way of contacting them other than on here, so it's a case of keeping fingers crossed.

I am so lost I don't know if I'm waiting for 1, 2 or 3!!!!!!

Either way, they better darned well get here soon. Hump

Where is my Opera? I really am quite concerned about that as I think it's either with or due to go to the 'behind' girls.

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 10:05

Oh Lorraine - please don't say that (that you won't do anymore).
I think you just need to tighten the conditions so that if you cannot
finish in time, then post on and send the pages separately. I've a
horrible feeling that mine is going to come back with pages not done,
but I would rather that than not come back at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 10:10

I certainly would have to think long and hard before I did one, after all this. Glad too that I didn't commit to this year's now.

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 17:22

So I have a month off then, at least, as Lorraine posts to me.
Looks like yours may be on it's way to the bottleneck Lorraine, hopefully not too late to stop it. I have Maria's, and although not yet complete it will go on Monday come hell or high water.

thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 18:42

i am waiting for stephs which i should have got in august and last time i heard from gillian she was waiting for that one from Sue ,Cynthia posts to sue i think .
Then helens which i should have got in sept ,then oct posting day i should be getting karelyns .i shant hold my breath.
we do all have addresses for the behind ladies though so maybe a handwritten letter is the only way to get them on the way home .
shall i do it , to all 3 .
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 18:53

kimb wrote:we do all have addresses for the behind ladies though so maybe a handwritten letter is the only way to get them on the way home .
shall i do it , to all 3 .

well someone needs to do something......and that sounds like a reasonable plan IMHO.

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 19:50

yes Kim, I think you might have to.

It does seem rather unfair that those of us who have played ball and completed and sent on on time are the ones who's journals are going to be 'lost, stolen or strayed' and the ones who havent played properly will get all our nice dilligent work.

I think we need to ask for any journals that are behind to be sent on blank to the next person who is in a position to do them, ie there is no point Sue sending to Gillian if Gillian cant do it either. Someone needs to work out who to send each one to but I dont think any of the offenders are even reading this thread, I have the distinct impression we are talking to oursleves here.

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 22:33

I am happy to do a couple for anyone if they like, but it MUST be soon as I leave the country on 29th November.

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 22:48

I'm glad I've been in the dark a bit on this, I hadn't realised there were 3 people holding it up, I thought it was 2 and one was a slight delay.
I haven't looked at the list closely enough to work out who it is as I know it's not the person before me.
Kim, thank you that would be a good idea, and can do no harm at all.

thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyrat Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 23:58

I have handed foibles to sue. and just finishing opera ready to hand to her too. I haven't as yet got artists but I know its on route to me. These should soon be up to date.

Sue has finished Snoman but not sure after that. I can ask her when I see her next. it may well be in the post by now.

Cynthia

mistyrat
Super Crafter
Super Crafter

Number of posts : 635

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 0:10

Thanks, Cynthia. Smile

I do feel a bit bad about all this, but it is getting rather worrying.
The problem is we know Sue and Gillian have things going on, so I personally, don't like to complain or upset anybody, but I just felt I had to.

I am wondering whether to bypass Gillian as she is obviously snowed under with the children and things. I'm sure she'd understand.

If Sue is all but up to date, perhaps she could send straight to Kim and maybe we can get finished on time.

The books will only be a page or two short so no biggie. I would definitely prefer mine to go from Sue to Kim unless Gillian can catch up.

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 1:12

yes that sounds a good plan lorraine ,im sure people would much rather get their books back with a page or two missing than it be stuck somewhere .
should i write the letters lorraine or not

no-one wants to upset anyone but the cj is getting way way behind now and i know in others eyes its not important as other things but to the cj owners ,it is hugely important and they want it back .
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 7:44

well thanks Cynthia for the update - at least we know what the situation is in the case of some of them. Kt is on the forum regularly, so must be able to tell us whether or not she is late/up to date and which one she has (presumably artists). KT, can you tell us the situation with you?

should we list where they each are now?

What about giving a let out to all those who are snowed under and for one reason or another unable to continue. If those people are given a chance to drop out, posting on whatever ones they have got and cant do to the next 'live' player, then all we will have is a few blank pages we can later either fill in for oursleves or remove. That way we will avoid a falling out and everyone will get their mostly completed books back. So if Sue and Gillian need to drop out, they can, and just send on what they have I mean?

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 8:58

I haven't seen my craft CJ mentioned. Can anyone say who has this
please ?

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 9:53

steph i have mentioned yours a couple of times ,im afraid yours is in the backlog chick ,either gillian has it or sue has it i think .along with helens snowmen.( in the backlog ,not necessarily at sues)
maria what you have said makes sense really ,i think we should try to get the ones from the ladies that are not being completed then bypass them with the remaining ones . really and truly they should have just posted them on when they arrived at their door and not even opened them if they knew this was going to happen .i know no-one can predict what is going to happen in their lives but they can make a decosion as to whether or not they will be able to complate a 2 page spread in a cj anytime during the next month and if the answer is a resounding no then a replacement address label and a trip to the post office is in order .Someone somewhere has 2 cj's ,maybe even 3 and that is bang out of order
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next