The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lynda's life story

2 posters

Go down

Lynda's life story Empty Lynda's life story

Post by lyndaejane Tue 28 Oct 2008 - 16:29

Have just realised that these haven't been copied over from the old site, so am re-hashing it here!

Born in 1947, I've lived in Southend for all but three years of my life.

Married since 1991 to Steve (after two disastrous mistakes) and have lived happily ever after. Have no children (never wanted any), no brothers and sisters and didn't even have any real cousins until 2006. That was when I was contacted by my great-nephew, who was doing a family tree: I have now met my four cousins - their Dad was my Dad's brother (my Dad left home in Cornwall as a young mand and never kept in touch with his family).

Did various office jobs, including getting into computers in 1970 when I trained as a programmer. Finished up in 1973 working for NatWest Bank at the newly-opened credit card offices here in Southend. Stayed with NW until I left work in 1990, when Steve and I decided we could do without both of us having to commute to London every day. It gave me more time to help out Mum and Dad, who lived on the ground floor of our house: Dad had a stroke the following year and died in 1993 and Mum died in 2003. We're now trying to sell the house, which is far too big for us, and plan to move to Yorkshire (where I've wanted to live for twenty-odd years).

Have always crafted (Godmother taught me how to make crepe paper flowers when I was tiny): have done a lot of embroidery and cross stitch, some quilting and lots of papercrafts. In 2002/3 I took my City & Guilds Papercraft - and passed! I also enjoy gardening, classical music and DIY.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17321
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Lynda's life story Empty Re: Lynda's life story

Post by Guest Sun 2 Nov 2008 - 16:49

I love reading about everyone's life.

tell us more.

How is the house sale going?

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Sun 2 Nov 2008 - 17:46

It isn't, Suzy! We did have a viewing in September, but the woman took one look at the size of our back garden and Steve began to wonder if it was worth taking her on the rest of the tour. It's been on the market 29 months now - but if it didn't sell when the market was at its peak, it certainly isn't going to sell now.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17321
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerjo Tue 4 Nov 2008 - 22:22

..and do you know its the most beautiful house and I would buy it like a shot!
gingerjo
gingerjo
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4563
Registration date : 2008-09-05

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/EntanglesDesign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down