The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help making invites

3 posters

Go down

Need help making invites Empty Need help making invites

Post by Bead Queen - Carol Thu 20 Nov 2008 - 19:43

Hi all

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this, if not, so sorry.

Im in need of some help. A friend is hosting a jewellery party for me on 3rd dec (as you may remember me babbling on about) anyway, its not in my friends house, its going to be in the lounge of the workmens club where she works, and she wants to invite quite a few people, affraid so i thought it may be nice if i make up a few invites/fliers for her to give out.

Now im sure ive bitten off more than i can chew here, as im very much a technophobe and aint got a clue where to start lmao lol!

I have looked on the microsoft word program for templates, but they are all crap! So i was wondering if any of you knew where i could get a 'free' template to make some and print some out. I was thinking small ones would do, prob 1/4 of a sheet of A4 so i could get 4 invites/fliers from one sheet.

Any ideas? Please help, im out of my depth a bit here, and im not very good on microsoft word either lmao.

Carol XXX
Bead Queen - Carol
Bead Queen - Carol
Super Crafter
Super Crafter

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.freewebs.com/carolpassarojewellery

Back to top Go down

Need help making invites Empty Re: Need help making invites

Post by Guest Thu 20 Nov 2008 - 22:10

Hiya Carol, I don't know if this is much help but here's a link to an invite which may give you a bit of an idea. I'll try and have a go with something too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Thu 20 Nov 2008 - 22:33

Any time I have done flyers etc I have made them in Works rather than Word. Just a case of sitting and playing with the tool bar options!

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2008 - 10:32

I didn't get a chance last night to put together anything.
Just had a thought and Microspft Publisher might be an option for you too.

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Fri 21 Nov 2008 - 13:13

You're right, Carol: a quarter of an A4 sheet would be an ideal size - and the most economical.

Unless you want something really fancy, I would just stick to using Word. Don't worry about a template: select landscape in the paper orientation and use the newspaper column facility, giving you two columns (I'm assuming Word is similar to our Lotus WP - after all, Bill Gates pinched Lotus to base his own stuff on!). Use the text alignment to Center your text, so that it fits beautifully in the invitation. Decide on your font and colour, devise the wording you want and make sure it fits the top half of your first newspaper column. When you're happy, copy it to the bottom half and to top and bottom of the second newspaper column. Do trial prints regularly so you're happy with the layout.

When you've finished, save the invitation to a CD so you'll have it available for a similar function in the future.

But, of course, if Gillian comes up with something for you then you won't have to bother!

Hope the jewellery party goes well and you sell lots.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17299

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down