The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thank you Lynda for a wonderful surprise

4 posters

Go down

thank you Lynda for a wonderful surprise Empty thank you Lynda for a wonderful surprise

Post by Maria Wed 2 Mar 2011 - 9:20

Lynda, you are so lovely to send those super watch parts out for me..... Patty has just arrived with a darling little bag of real sprockets and cogs and the like and these are my utter favourite embellishment of all time and I adore using them on things, can't think of anything I would have preferred.

This was so kind of you and it is lovely that you think of me so much

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10577
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

thank you Lynda for a wonderful surprise Empty Re: thank you Lynda for a wonderful surprise

Post by karinlouise Wed 2 Mar 2011 - 10:25

aww its like christmas with all these lovely things. I have loads of watches that don't work anymore, wouldn't have a clue how to take them all apart though. Don't forget to show us something you make with them hun

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

thank you Lynda for a wonderful surprise Empty Re: thank you Lynda for a wonderful surprise

Post by lyndaejane Wed 2 Mar 2011 - 13:32

You're very welcome, Maria: I know you are into the steampunk thing and it seems to be very heavily into time, so the watch parts seemed ideal. And they weren't heavy for Patty to slip into her suitcase!

Karin - if you go along to a local market stall or somewhere that puts batteries into watches and ask nicely, I'm sure they will undo the backs of the watches for you - that's what I did. I insisted the guy took a couple of quid and when he didn't want to take it I told him to put it to his favourite charity. Worth it when you think how much these things are in craft shops. You will find you can undo the screws with a blade, unless you have the minutest of screwdrivers, and get all the bits out like that.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17312

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Wed 2 Mar 2011 - 16:26

I just shove a knife in and force it apart. Subtlety's not strong in our family!

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13000

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Wed 2 Mar 2011 - 18:56

LOL karelyn.

Thanks Lynda. martin managed to get a couple of our old ones backs open last month when putting new batteriers in will have to see ifhe can do it again. LOL

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down