The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POCKET PAGE BOOK

Go down

POCKET PAGE BOOK Empty POCKET PAGE BOOK

Post by Lorraine Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 14:47

Instructions for making this little book. No fancy pics this time, just basic diagrams. Very Happy
Obviously, you will decorate as you go but it's up to you how you do this.

Take a piece of A4 card and leaving the length, cut a strip 4 inches wide. Measure in 4 inches from one end and 2 1/8 inches from the other end and score down these lines.

POCKET PAGE BOOK PocketBookStep1

Fold over so the longer side overlaps the shorter.

POCKET PAGE BOOK PocketBookStep2

Cut 4 pieces of paper (more if you like) 7 inches by 5 1/8 inches. Score 1 6/8 from one side and 2 1/8 inches from the other side. Cut a semi circle from the centre piece. Also, cut 2 pieces of CARD 4 inches by 1/2 inch.

POCKET PAGE BOOK PocketBookStep3

Fold these papers over so the longer side overlaps the shorter side and stick down. These are your pockets.

POCKET PAGE BOOK PocketBookStep4

Now, take the bottoms of the pockets (tuther end to semi circle cut out) and making sure they're centred to the book, attach them (glue or DST) in between the two long bits of card.

POCKET PAGE BOOK PocketBookStep5

Now attach the stiffening spine into the book along the crease of the larger front.

POCKET PAGE BOOK PocketBookStep6

Attach a fastener of some sort to the book.

POCKET PAGE BOOK PocketBookStep7

I made this one by separating the edges, using some card as a stiffer cover and fastening each side with a bind-it-all, but the basic instructions are just the same.

POCKET PAGE BOOK MineforAmullree

POCKET PAGE BOOK MineforAmullree2

POCKET PAGE BOOK MineforAmullree3

And...there you have it. Enjoy.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down