The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billie...what a crafty little goat i have been!

+3
Di Masters
karinlouise
Scatty
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Billie...what a crafty little goat i have been! Empty Billie...what a crafty little goat i have been!

Post by Guest Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 22:40

Remember i said i had bought 2 frames for decopatching...well i did sort of challenge Billie to get something crafty done, just to get her Mojo back.

Well I have decopatched both frames..and i am very very happy with the results....and not only that..but i did the box lid and base that each one came in...no pictures yet..but i will be putting them on the forum..

I have to say, I don't usually 'do random' but i really really had loads of quiet fun..hubby is stunned and very impressed..i wanted to show teabag..but just didn't get time..i had to wait in til the parcel arrived for hubby then i got so involved with the crafting..(in living room...tv on) i was still sitting there when hubby and kids got home... Laughing

I felt so happy while doing them..they are for the 'new' bedroom...and will look great...now i just have to find suitable photos to go in them...

come on..give me a big clap and a super sized huggy clap cheers

Back to top Go down

Billie...what a crafty little goat i have been! Empty Re: Billie...what a crafty little goat i have been!

Post by Scatty Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 22:49

clap clap Good for you Suzy glad you enjoyed and even better that you like them.
Scatty
Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6909
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Billie...what a crafty little goat i have been! Empty Re: Billie...what a crafty little goat i have been!

Post by karinlouise Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 22:59

Oh well done, can't wait to see them.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 23:47

Will look forward to the photos.Sounds good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 10:59

here they are.
Billie...what a crafty little goat i have been! Decopatchedframes

Each was in it's own box and cost £4.99 instead of £13.99..the boxes have also been 'Goatied' super value i think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 11:03

These are the boxes with lids..not sure if i should do the insdies too..i could do it in a plain yellow with an orangey crackled pattern..but it might spoil it

Billie...what a crafty little goat i have been! Decopatchedboxes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 11:50

Wow Suzy - you made a terrific job. Love the frames.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 11:52

used the same papers on all..but they look different in the pics because of the light etc....did random...yeah..just tore strips and pieces and over lapped.

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 12:13

Oh these are lovely. How do you do it, do you just put random bits of paper on a something and then glaze over it. I've got a few things I could do that too !!!

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 12:25

They are really pretty.

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18810

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 12:36

What a great job you did on these they are terrific, love the colours, a pale cream inside the boxes may look nice, when I can get my craft room sorted I will do something I promise but its become a junk room at the moment.
supergran
supergran
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6732
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 12:48

so is mine..which is why i did it in living room Razz

pale cream..good idea billie..now i can but more decopatch tissue Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 12:51

Karin, if you use the decopatch tissue it seems to work much better. and i did it once on a super pebble...but it works really nice on the special books, shapes etc.

www.decopatch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 13:54

They're lovely, warm autumn colours, mmm.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12995

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 16:15

Lush colours, Goaty. They look super. Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 17:41

Goaty, these are really stunning. Do they have a good home to go to? I think they (at least one) would love it at the seaside!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 18:35

Cor Goaty, when you do things you do a fantastic job dont you? These are lovely and I reckon you ought to send one to France.

well done, and yep I reckon you ought to paint the inside yellow or cream.

You have done these so nicely

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10572
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 20:15

Well, that's it Goaty - one's going to the seaside and one to France.
I guess that leaves two boxes - one for you and one for me Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 20:26

No chance for these..they are going in our new bedroom when My Lord and Master gets it finished...he actually loves them..i keep seeing him look at them as he passes the table..really looking..not a quick glance...

Um.....now i have a very slight problem.....what photos i should put in them... would a black and white one work? or i was thinking i could take him to the woods....in the autumn...to take piccies of course....what were you thinking....??? Laughing

thank you for your comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 20:45

I think black and white would suit well and show off the frames, but hey,
if you don't like them, you can always have a change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 20:57

Suze you should of headed that post riske! balck and white would look fab, can't wait to see them IRL

Em x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 20:59

which post? lol

come over then..you can see them and stroke them x the frames that is x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 21:01

sp01goat wrote:which post? lol

come over then..you can see them and stroke them x the frames that is x

I think Em's wondering what sort of photos you are going to
take in the woods !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 21:04

not fig leaf ones.... Very Happy

i like to 'leaf' a little to the imagination... ❤

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 22:05

I think I may just have to goole this and look up how and where.

Sepia pictures would look better I think, they would 'blend' in better.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 22:54

wow what stunning work. they look beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 23:13

suze what time friday and we can try different photos in them and decide which look best.

em x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 7 Sep 2008 - 14:24

I was going to suggest Sepia but Karin got there before me, so that or b & w would be my choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 7 Sep 2008 - 14:25

Sorry, forgot to say how brilliant those frames are. Where are they from? Would love to try this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 7 Sep 2008 - 20:38

They are lovely Sue, Did I read right? Did you say you tore the paper and just laid it on? I thought you couldn't do random! clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next