The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC

+3
Lorraine
kt_dragonfly
karinlouise
7 posters

Go down

Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC Empty Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC

Post by karinlouise Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 22:46

I just had to put these pictures up to show you my little sweetheart.

Ignore the mess behind her Mr Green its more craft stuff and jewellry making.

First is her 'busy'
Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC LilyCrafting

Then getting ready to swap with me.
Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC LilyCrafting2RE

Her ATC she made, all on her own. She chose everything to go on it and now its Mine all Mine Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC Icon_biggrin
Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC LilysFirstATC

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC Empty Re: Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC

Post by kt_dragonfly Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 22:56

cute Mr Green

Dragon Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5642

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC Empty Re: Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC

Post by Lorraine Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 23:34

It's a wonder you could find her in all that!!! lol. No point telling us to ignore it, ha, ha. And, what's a road atlas got to do with crafting, eh? eh? eh?

Lily, your ATC is gorgeous. Well done, sweetheart. clap
Tell mummy she has to teach you the proper size now. Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 23:38

I know, that cards I got out were too small. Daft. But it gives her some practice.

As for the Road Atlas !!!!!!!!!!! well now that would be telling. Its an old 2001 book that I thought might just come in handy one day. Never throw anything out.

Do you know all that in the picture is craft stuff. Yellow drawers are my jewellry stuff. Book shelf behind to left is deco, papers sequins etc., white boxes to the left are all made cards adn then the boxes and folders of scrap for lily to use there and then.

Blue bag behind her is my monday night craft bag.

It looks horrid in the picture, but as I sit here and look to my right its nothing like it IRL. Though it is cluttered up here, but then three of us share it Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC Icon_sad want my own craft room. Mr Green

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 12:56

That's a smashing first atc Lily, well done.

As long as you know where everything is clutter doesn't matter Karin!! lol

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18834

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 13:24

Aw bless her - lovely to see this picture. You all know how much I
believe in encouraging the youngsters to craft. She's so sweet.

Lily, well done. You made a smashing job of that ATC.

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 14:20

Message from Lily:Thank you everyone. Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC Icon_biggrin .I hope you like the ones I might be sending to some of you. I've done them all myself. I'm still making some now.

And back to mummy:

LOL, such a cutie, wanted to type to you herself so I was banished from my chair.

Does anyone know of a site or link that might help her learn about colours and what goes together etc.

Thanks everyone thou, Lily really loves it when she can read comments to her.

I know I mentioned it somewhere, but she is making some to send to people on here, her comment to me "mummy if I send to your friends, will they swap with me?" I said I was sure that she'd get something back at some point Mr Green she's loving doing them.

Have found one site with beginner-ish type info, even some sketches for ATCs, so this will help her.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 21:47

Love the craft room esp the dolly with tinsel LOL didn't she do well, lovely job.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13000

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 22:00

Mr Green yes dolly was a visitor during this time. Lily had been playing in her room and as I'd set part of the table up the night before I'd alredy told lily there was a surprise for her. SO when I'd finished putting a few other bits out I shouted her and thats when she brought dolly up. Typical though, its the first time she's played with them in probably about 10 months

The rest she's made are lovely too. She will definately have a flair. She's already choosing people on here to send them too. I've told her I will tell her a bit about everyone when she is ready and then she can choose. I figure in time everyone will probably get one, but so far she is doing a couple a day. Mr Green

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 23:00

thriftycrafter wrote:Love the craft room esp the dolly with tinsel LOL didn't she do well, lovely job.

I didn't even notice the dolly. I was interested in the craft book - I haven't
seen that one before.

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 23:09

the one in the background to the right?

V the shop owner, where I go for my classes gave me it last week for Lily. Apparantly her MIL saw it at a car boot sale and thought it might be of use for V....not to make it sound ungrateful on V side, but she does own her own shop, been crafting for donkies, and MIL does have a habit of buying 'stuff'

Anyway, its one of those folder things where you buy the weekly/mnthly edition and then file it in order. Never getting to the point of getting it all because they don't publish in order and you soon get fed up Mr Green but for Lily it is perfect as it shows a good few things.

Just to show what the MIL can be like, for her son's (L) 21st birthday she taped 21 £1 coins to a piece of cardboard and wrapped it up. That was his only present...but the other son gets kitchen appliances and all sorts. Also L gets a yearly christmas present of a tub of pringles !!!! and she buys chocs for V who is bad diabetic !!!! So you can see that V wasn't handing over because it was rubbish, but because 'what the heck does she need it for' LOL as MIL didn't think !?!?!

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 23:20

This afternoon Lily started to make a mothers day card for me, she used a card design she's seen on the DoC site, and so I left her to it while I went downstairs to do tea.

10 min later she came down in floods of tears, very very upset.

Telling me something to do with the card, and to do with the computer.

She had decided to write in the card and after she'd done it realised she'd written on the wrong side of the card and so it was 'ruined'.

I explained that we can put an insert in and that it will hide the writing. She was happy with that.

But the other thing that had not helped was that after signing in to Do C site I showed her how to put cards she sees into the 'craft box' for looking at again later. She apparantly had been trying to get it to say Good Afternoon Lily instead of Karin, but couldn't make it happen so bless her she was quite upset about it all, and very pink in the face.

Just before she went to bed I showed her a card I was putting an insert into so now she knows what it looks like and that its fixable. Bless her Mr Green

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 8:07

Wow Lily I'm so impressed with your ATC it's fab. Isn't it lovely to create something, I hope we're going to see more of your work as you obviously enjoy it. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Bead Queen - Carol Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 12:48

Fab work there Lily! I can see you becoming a regular guest in mummys craft room hehe.

Karin - My 'Bead' room is like yours, i like to call it 'organised disorganisation' Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC 528403

My 'Bead' room is next to be sorted once we have finished in the attic eeek. lol.

Carol XXX
Bead Queen - Carol
Bead Queen - Carol
Super Crafter
Super Crafter

Number of posts : 678

http://www.freewebs.com/carolpassarojewellery

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerjo Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 14:25

AW bless her, tou will be working together now tho'. lovely.
gingerjo
gingerjo
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4563
Registration date : 2008-09-05

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/EntanglesDesign

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Mon 15 Feb 2010 - 15:18

Mmmm yes Jo that seems to be happening.

I'm afraid I had a meltdown this morning. I was trying to make a card, at a fiddly bit. Lily was asking questions about what she was doing and not really listening to the answer (this had been happening for about half an hour)...I was getting really frustrated and ended up shouting and getting really angry. Made her leave the craft room for 5 mins then I went and laid on my bed, shouted for her to come to me and I apologised. We had a lovely cuddle for ten minutes and then came back upstairs....but now I feel guilty as I feel as though I've spoilt our day together.Lily Crafting Making First Ever ATC Icon_cry I took her to the park this morning and she kept saying 'thank you for spending time with me mummy'

Grrr Hormones don't help. :(

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down