The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap

+11
WeirdCat
Di Masters
Lorraine
cb
thriftycrafter
Maria
kimb
mistyrat
Scatty
kt_dragonfly
lyndaejane
15 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap - Page 5 Empty Re: Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap

Post by Di Masters Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 22:54

Some are still being sent out to each other Jo, forum card was just a chance to make sure we could say HC to everyone.

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18830
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap - Page 5 Empty Re: Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 11:28

I know exactly what you mean Jo. Receiving cards from the forum is very special, but a lot of us still want to send out individual ones. I thought about this swap for quite a while before joining but then decided that I would send quite a few cards anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 12:43

this has been a god send this year as I just havent had the time to do all the cards I would need to make and I really cant afford the cost of postage as well, though i do feel guilty for the individuals one I have received and i wont be able to return the favour.

Dragon Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap - Page 5 KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5642

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 12:59

Don't feel guilty, Kate! That was the whole point of this swap. Mr Green

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 15:33

need to change the title to GUILT & stress free swap lol

kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 16:01

kt_dragonfly wrote:need to change the title to GUILT & stress free swap lol

Consider it done, Kate!

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17315

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 16:10

Kate - I'm sure we understand how you feel. The postage is probably the worst
part of making for everyone especially now RM go on thickness as well as weight.
This time next year I may not be able to send cards out, so please don't feel
bad about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 16:18

Well I sent mine to my swapee over a week ago and have heard nothing so far, so assume it hasn't arrived yet!! Hopefully it will come soon and the recipient will put a post on here that they have it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 16:29

Funny you should say that Patty - I've just come back from the Book Fair at School to a beautiful swap card which dropped on my door mat today from your good self.

I am off out to take Sophie swimming later, but I will endeavour to photograph it and put the details up later on - but it is gorgeous I can promise!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 17:35

Oh Claire I am so glad it has arrived!

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 17:39

lyndaejane wrote:
kt_dragonfly wrote:need to change the title to GUILT & stress free swap lol

Consider it done, Kate!

Lynda

lol! fank you Mr Green

kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 17:44

yes, the postage is crippling isnt it, so who knows if I will be able to do it next year too.

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10578
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 17:53

Well, a big fat box came to my house today. I couldn't for the life of me work out what it was. Not the CJ and as no chrissy wrap in sight, not my secret santa.

It was Helen's fabulous swap card. Mr Green
Gonna post it all for you to see now.
It's just fabulous and thank you, very much, Helen. Very Happy

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 18:38

Glad you like it Lorraine. It took me a while to come up with the idea but I enjoyed doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 18:42

yes - I know I had to be dragged kicking and screaming into this swap but I must admit its me who was silly. Its a great idea. The reason i didnt want to do it was because I wanted to send individual cards to many of you, but I am mad. I should have just done this - it feels perfectly real and lovely, I am enjoying all of the cards and think of the money and time we would have all saved if we had been sensible enough just to stick to this.

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 19:51

And I for one will be donating a very large sum to our beloved MacMillan Nurses, whilst still being able to feel "in with the rest" on this one. There are, of course, some people to whom you must just send a card, and for those we have made a smaller donation to the fund. This has been such a super swap with lovely sentiments sent to us all as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 20:00

I'm glad you joined as well Maria - I think this group does push our crafting
boundaries, but we always enjoy what we do.

Back to top Go down

Post by cb Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 21:47

I have received Karin's card but am having problems getting a piccie into the thread. Have tried photobucket and it wont let me upload. Have now scanned it but don't know how to get the piccie still so please can someone help.
cb
cb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4405

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 21:57

Cath, you need to put the scanned image in photobucket. You may need to resize it first... have you got pix resizer?

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 23:13

Email it to me, Cath and I'll pop it up for you (if you don't manage to do it, that is). Mr Green

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 23:28

Getting a bit worried now. Doesn't look like mine has arrived yet. Trouble is I can't remember exactly which day it was posted and Dave doesn't remember whether he put 1st or 2nd class stamp on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 7:49

Jan - your card arrived yesterday, but I didn't have time to post on here to let you know. Sorry! It's gorgeous and I shall scan and post it this evening! Loves ya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 8:58

I dont know who the person I sent my card to is. It was sent the same time as Goaty's atc. I wonder if its lost in the post or perhaps its my fault and didnt put anything to do with the forum on it just my name. It thats the case I will make another one and post it on the web myself. Is that ok Lou.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 10:22

I can't see a problem with that, Joy Very Happy and I'm sure Lynda wouldn't mind. But, if you don't know who you sent it to, I've a good idea who that may be, so pm me to clarify it and I'll try and find out for you, hun.

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 10:35

I sent mine Tuesday and i dont think it's arrived yet & i put 2 first class on it.

Also I haven't received mine yet.

Hopefully its just the xmas backlog slowing them down!

kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 10:50

Girls, before you panic some of the recipients dont come on here everyday or may not have had time to say its arrived... Amullress has said she got mine for example, but she hasnt had a chance to put it up yet. Some of the people in the swap havent been on here all week (or at any rate havent posted) so if you sent to one of those people Joy, well, I wouldnt give up until the weekend at least.

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 15:50

Joy - don't panic yet. Your recipient is someone who doesn't post on here every day, so maybe she's received it but not got on here yet to say so.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17315

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 17:19

Karelyns GORGEOUS card arrived today Mr Green thank you for the little bits in the card as well Kiss

Will post a pic ASAP!

kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 20:15

Bobs wrote:Jan - your card arrived yesterday, but I didn't have time to post on here to let you know. Sorry! It's gorgeous and I shall scan and post it this evening! Loves ya

Phew, I was getting that horrid feeling in the tum when you think things have gone astray. Thanks for letting me know Bobs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 21:00

I received Cynthia's (Mistyrat) lovely card today, thank you. I will take a pic tomorrow and post it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next