The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ominicci Info

Go down

Ominicci Info Empty Ominicci Info

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2009 - 23:25

As I might be around a bit more I thought I would just remind you all about me!

Nicky - 41 years old
Married to second husband Martin 54, for 11 years.
Daughter (with first husband) Laura, 17, lives with us.
Step-children Sam 25 single lives in London, Carl 23 single lives in Bristol and Chloe 16 lives with her mum in Bristol (15 mins away).
Am a civil servant working for the MOD in Bath, for the last 22 years.

I was a cardmaker and had a handmade wedding stationery business in addition to day job, but last 2 years (possibly since a depressive spell looking back on it...) I have not been very enthusiastic about it and have let cardmaking slip. Not a real fan of scrap booking (my own anyway...) but have been known to do layouts for Retreat and Circle Journal purposes!! Same goes for ATCs - but have received some lovely ones from friends on this forum and have joined swaps in the past.

Current interest is the silversmithing, and I want to get back into stained glass - on a small scale.

Have done lots of different crafts over the years - mostly extensions of card making techniques e.g. glass painting, decoupage, but excluding 'fabric' related ones - I don't do knitting or sewing type things.

Enjoy walking/hiking (I don't walk every day or anything like that but once a month or so, Martin and I will climb big hill/Welsh mountain to enjoy the views). Definately a country girl. We also have a 29 year old original VW campervan that we bought last year with friends (original means tatty and smelly rather than restored pristine!) - it's alright for a few days away but I wouldn't want to live in it...).

In the summer we also do a bit of pitch and putting and I have just enrolled on an evening class to learn how to hit the ball properly (never been on a real golf course and not sure I would want to - too much effort required, both on the course and in the club house - too many rules!!)

Back to top Go down

Ominicci Info Empty Re: Ominicci Info

Post by Maria Thu 15 Jan 2009 - 9:03

Well its nice to learn about you and hear all about it. I look forward to seeing some of your silversmithing which sounds fascinating and crafting stuff genereally.

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10572
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2009 - 22:17

oh yes Nicci, you have also made some grogeous ATC's..i still have them to prove it.

I would love to see the silversmith stuff, sounds interesting and very luxurious. Interesting also that you have a Vw..we have a fiatt caravanette in need of tlc before it can be used again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down