The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated; this is what I made...Been practising.....

+5
Di Masters
lyndaejane
Maria
thriftycrafter
Scrap Monkey
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Updated; this is what I made...Been practising..... Empty Updated; this is what I made...Been practising.....

Post by Scrap Monkey Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 20:31

Updated; this is what I made...Been practising..... Junesetmy dot placement...and made some pansies. Quite pleased with this set in terms of sizes etc, and I love working with these colours.

Think I'll make it into a bracelet...

(Sorry the pic is so hooooge!)

Last edited by Scrap Monkey on Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 12:22; edited 1 time in total

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 8999
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.saltwaterstudiopembroke.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Updated; this is what I made...Been practising..... Empty Re: Updated; this is what I made...Been practising.....

Post by thriftycrafter Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 20:45

that is edible, so lovely, how long does it take to make one bead?

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13000
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Updated; this is what I made...Been practising..... Empty Re: Updated; this is what I made...Been practising.....

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 20:46

Oh wow, Tina!! You're really making some beautiful stuff! I take it you have no regrets about buying all the kit then? Mr Green

They're absolutely gorgeous!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 20:49

ohhh deep joy, they are gorgeous...I wish i could make something as amazing....don't forget to share out any rejects....but I bet you ain't got any....

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 20:51

Thanks girls!

Bobs, no regrets at all!

Goaty, I have a 'Fugly' jar with all the rejects in; but they're in there because if the shape on the ends isn't right they would cut through any stringing material, so they're not really useable Crying or Very sad .

I don't know how long it takes to make a bead be honest; a/ I lose all track of time, and b/ it really does depend on how my session is going. For example, with this lot it just 'worked', and I only made one 'un-useable' bead. Sometimes the ration is rather higher! I did spend quite a large proportion of my day at the torch though. Then of course they need several hours in the kiln.

I am going to have an awful lot of jewellery at this rate! I may have to open an online shop to get rid of some.

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date  Laughing
Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 20:57

sell them on here first, we can be your guinea piggies

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 21:16

sp01goat wrote:sell them on here first, we can be your guinea piggies

I thought we could only sell secondhand stuff on here? I think it would be a bit naughty to use the Forum to make money....and I was toying with the idea of a Mr Site shop. Anyway, you lots would be my only customers lol!

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 21:19

they look good enough to eat!

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10579
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 21:24

ooh i meant privately on here..i mean we coluld email you if we wanted to buy ourselves a wee treat. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 21:26

sp01goat wrote:ooh i meant privately on here..i mean we coluld email you if we wanted to buy ourselves a wee treat. Smile

I'll take commissions if there is something you have in mind.

Quite fancy a play, have never made a webshop before....(and I bought my domain name yonks ago!)

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 7:00

Lovely, Tina - and I know what you mean about the colours!

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17318

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 12:25

Fun and different. Lovely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 12:10

Updated; this is what I made...Been practising..... PurplebraceletI made them into a bracelet..

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 14:21

Looks great Tina, well done.

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18832

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 15:52

would they fit on the troll bracelets ?
they are absolutely stunning tina , i adore the colours you have used , and i agree , they do look good enough to eat , blackcurrant sweeties anyone
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13163

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsfeefee Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 16:23

A very pretty bracelet Tina I love the colours.
Mrsfeefee
Mrsfeefee
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 2178

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 16:28

they are yum. whats a troll bracelet?

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 16:38

I was going to ask what a troll bracelet was. never heard of one.
Another lovely item Tina.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 17:10

troll ..... its just a brand of a bracelet that is quite poular right now but the pieces you buy to put on them cost a blinking fortune and some of them look exactly like what tina has just done , some are gold or silver with gems in but a lot of pretty glass ones in all sorts of colours ....do a google search and you should get some up
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 17:12

kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 17:14

ooh thanks Kim - yes they do look the same as Tinas. and Patty has got one of these bracelets now... and she gets odd beads for it now and then. i didnt knwo they had a special name, but then Im very out of touch and out of fashion.

still like Tinas beads though!

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 17:19

to be honest, i thought they looksed every bit as good as troll bracelets and i hvae seen some which were not as nice as tina's...

lovely work tina..I love it x

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 18:21

That's beautiful, Tina!

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17318

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 19:48

i think tinas are just as good too , thats why i put the link up for you to compare .
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Sun 5 Jul 2009 - 20:09

Aww, thanks girls!

I have a Troll bracelet; it's what got me interested in beads in the first place! I only have individual beads on mine, as the genuine Troll beads are mass-produced. The difference with those sorts of beads are that the internal 'hole' is much bigger to accommodate the bracelet, and they have silver cores; a very expensive hobby.

I may have a go at big-hole beads in due course, so they'll fit on my bracelet, but not sure I could justify the cost of setting up to do silver cores.

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Mon 6 Jul 2009 - 7:21

Tina, it's gorgeous. Well done, you. clap Mr Green

If you want to put things on here for sale, feel free, hun. We're not sponsored, so it's not a problem. Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Mon 6 Jul 2009 - 8:42

also thought my link might provide peeps with some ideas for colours as tina has now had the go ahead to sell some here
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 14:04

Tina these are fabulous! I have just done a one day course with Julie Fountain of Lushlampwork.co.uk and I want all the kit too! I haven't got anywhere to do it yet though - where do you do yours?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey Mon 13 Jul 2009 - 14:32

Ominicci wrote:Tina these are fabulous! I have just done a one day course with Julie Fountain of Lushlampwork.co.uk and I want all the kit too! I haven't got anywhere to do it yet though - where do you do yours?

Now I am jealous! I love Lush Julie's stuff!!

At the moment I have a spare table in the dining room, as we are about to move house, and my craft room is full of boxes. Once we move I will have a proper little studio behind the garage; with a concrete floor so I don't singe the carpet! The good thing is that lampwork doesn't actually take up that much room (until you start spending all your money on glass......).

Best place to get your kit is Martin at Tuffnells, although I'm sure Julie will have told you that; he does really good deals on starter sets; make sure you get the Didy glasses though.

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

our website

Scrap Monkey
Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jul 2009 - 9:23

Yep, she gave me lots of good advice. One piece was also about house insurance and that your current one will not cover you if you do it as a business (that includes e-bay according to the taxman :pale: !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next