The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap

+11
WeirdCat
Di Masters
Lorraine
cb
thriftycrafter
Maria
kimb
mistyrat
Scatty
kt_dragonfly
lyndaejane
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap - Page 3 Empty Re: Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap

Post by Guest Wed 3 Dec 2008 - 15:36

Thank you for pointing this out Steph. When I received your lovely card this morning I thought it was from the swap. But it was great because it mobilised me to getting on and finishing my one for the card swap.

Back to top Go down

Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap - Page 3 Empty Re: Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap

Post by lyndaejane Thu 4 Dec 2008 - 16:05

I got a card from Steph today, too, but of course I knew it wasn't the Swap card because I'm the only one who knows who I should be receiving one from! And I didn't know all this was happening, as I didn't manage to get on here yesterday. Will carry on reading posts and find out what is going on.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17344
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Dec 2008 - 16:56

I have my wonderful card!!! Will take a photo of it and put it into the gallery sometime tomorrow afternoon, that is if I can still see anything after my Laser work on my left eye.

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Thu 4 Dec 2008 - 17:48

Ooh, good, Jan - you're the first one!

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Thu 4 Dec 2008 - 19:11

I have to get this done, it's causing me grief, remind me next year it's less stressful doing ordinary ones than one magnificent job, I just can't think what would be suitable for everyone. I have a horrible feeling I'm not going to be happy with it.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13007

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Dec 2008 - 19:16

Well don't worry - I am sure it will be lovely and we will all love it anyway, even if you don't!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu 4 Dec 2008 - 22:30

I'm with you, Karelyn. BIG TIME!!!!!! Laughing Hard

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Thu 4 Dec 2008 - 22:32

I've finished it, and I ended up doing it with the recipient in mind as I just couldn't cope with trying to please everyone in one card.
DH thinks it's ok, so that's good.
Now I just have to work out what to put inside, but that's a small weight off my mind, now the CJ.....

thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Thu 4 Dec 2008 - 23:02

I have put mine in the post now, but had to do a big gulp... I mean as well as wanting it to be the best card cos its for everyone (I already took this one aside as I thought it was my best, but who knows)but you also have to struggle with what to write - well i did anyway, whereas I didnt have a jot of difficulty writing the rest of them.

Still, all in all, the cards for people on this forum have been the most enjoyable ones and I havent minded at all (mind you, I havent paid the postage yet and most of them need 2 stamps)because on here at least you knwo people are going to look at them properly and anwyay, its you peeps on here that keep me sane the rest of the year - half the other cards i send are either duty cards or people i never ever see or hear from except christmas cards. I sent all shop bought (in the Uk!) to those.

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)
Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10582
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Fri 5 Dec 2008 - 17:35

Your card didn't have to be "magnificent", Karelyn - just handmade. I sent the one that was my favourite of all that I made, so I guess it was the best in that sense. The whole idea was to remove all the stress - oh dear, I don't seem to have achieved that!

I have to say I had several goes at composing what went inside: could have written loads, but didn't want it to be too long and meandering.

Lynda

lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Fri 5 Dec 2008 - 18:18

I am incapable of NOT being long and meandering!

has anybody put the pics up yet?

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Dec 2008 - 23:17

Lyndajane, I have just nipped across the road to our Post Box and posted My Stress Free Card to - - - - - - the recipient. No P.O.P and I had to take a torch with me 'cause our street light has gone out and it was a bit eerie.

Where do the photos have to go ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 9:58

Lorraine has started a gallery Nona

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 12:11

Steph mine too has arrived, and I too thought it was the swap. Mr Green you are a clever so and so, a lovely poem and a lovely card. And thank you so much for thinking of me with the crafty bits, I love em. Def cheered me up at an otherwise snotty time !!!!

I had come on to say I had got my swap !!!!!!! but of course now I can't say that. Very Happy

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 12:14

lyndaejane wrote: The whole idea was to remove all the stress - oh dear, I don't seem to have achieved that!

I have to say I had several goes at composing what went inside: could have written loads, but didn't want it to be too long and meandering.

Lynda

Now now, stress or not its a very good idea is this. I loved looking for just the right poem and putting it in the card. The card I made was also one that I really liked from all that I've made. I didn't really make a special one because all my handmade cards are special to me. They only get sent to special people anyway,those that I know will appreciate them, and won't throw away after christmas.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 16:08

Maria wrote:Lorraine has started a gallery Nona
HELP I can't find the 'Gallery' what is it called please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 16:22

Scroll down to next section on home page Nona, hosted swaps gallery. Headed Lyndas chrissy card swap.

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18848

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 16:23

Thanks Di

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyrat Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 17:01

Received a Christmas card from Steph this morning - its gorgeous too.
Many thanks will take some photo's and try and pop them on here.

mistyrat
Super Crafter
Super Crafter

Number of posts : 635

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 18:24

Cynthia - the card you've got from Steph isn't the swap card: it's a personal card from Steph.

Lynda

lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyrat Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 18:48

lol! Yes just been reading the posts and realised oops. Thankyou so much Steph for my card and embellishments inside

Cynthia

mistyrat
Super Crafter
Super Crafter

Number of posts : 635

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 23:00

lyndaejane wrote:Your card didn't have to be "magnificent", Karelyn - just handmade.
Lynda

Phew, because it is just handmade,
and declared 'ok' by DH. I don't think I've ever had anything more exciting from him than OK, so it might even be quite nice LOL, I don't suppose I should expect too much from a bloke who didn't even mention the fact that I had a new frock on for our wedding. In my foolish romantic young mind I did think that he was supposed to make some comment, but he never read Mills & Boon and Viz doesn't give flattering comments suggestions, does it.

thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 23:16

Havent you noticed though, they pipe up pretty quick if they DONT like something.

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 23:27

He usually says it a load of old fish (carp), or not up to my usual standard, bless him.

thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Sat 6 Dec 2008 - 23:29

yes the latter expression is one of my Dh's too.

Now come on, SOMEONE must have received one of these stress free jobs by now... why isnt anyone putting the pics up for us all to see? (ive always been bossy)

Maria
Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 7 Dec 2008 - 0:16

I don't think anyone has received a 'Stress Free' one yet.
We all got Stephs one of Stephs beauties and got in a muddle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters Sun 7 Dec 2008 - 11:17

Will all start popping up on Monday/Tuesday no doubt (if all posted before 8th), mine went yesterday.

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.
Di Masters
Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 18848

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Sun 7 Dec 2008 - 11:21

Mine too was posted Yesterday and only after I had started to had over other post did the lady tell me that last post is 12.15 on a Saturday, I remember well when it was 12.45 (I was standing in Post Office at 12.30) so you can imagine how annoyed I was.

Maybe different post offices have different times, but I'm sure it used to always be 12.45. Oh well. It should arrived on Tuesday then. Sorry ***** my recipient ;)

My Blog Crafty K's Place

karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 7 Dec 2008 - 11:57

Mine was posted on Friday, and haven't received mine yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Sun 7 Dec 2008 - 12:02

Mine will go in the post tomorrow!

Dragon Guilt and Stress-free Christmas card swap - Page 3 KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5642

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next