The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INCHIE SWAP...with a difference????

+7
thriftycrafter
Mrsfeefee
gingerjo
karinlouise
kimb
kt_dragonfly
Lorraine
11 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

INCHIE SWAP...with a difference???? - Page 2 Empty Re: INCHIE SWAP...with a difference????

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2009 - 22:18

Gracious, will you lot stop asking questions so I can get on with them!!! Am raring to go!

Back to top Go down

INCHIE SWAP...with a difference???? - Page 2 Empty Re: INCHIE SWAP...with a difference????

Post by Lorraine Tue 27 Jan 2009 - 22:27

Karelyn, any size you like, hun. Honestly, just do whatever you want. I'm sure everybody will do a mix of capitals and lower case anyway.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16280
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2009 - 22:30

ok Patty, i wont ask the 101 questions i was going to then... Tee Hee

I already have the bases cut and the top bits and i bought the letters today..just got to decorate and assemble.

Unless anyone objects (don't you dare Zip Gob ) I am going to do the C of Canny and C of Crafter in capital letters and the rest in lowercase...

I am 'doing my own thing' but i did decide against serendipity....and against spring colours, and against hearts, and against goats.

Thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Tue 27 Jan 2009 - 22:38

what do you mean by serendipity?

need to cut out my squares but cant even see straight at the moment Shocked

Dragon INCHIE SWAP...with a difference???? - Page 2 KT-Dragonfly Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com
kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5642
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Tue 27 Jan 2009 - 22:41

KT look at this article. It shows how to make the squares and if you google in images you'll get lots of lovely ideas !!!

http://gomakesomething.com/ht/collage/serendipity-squares/

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2009 - 23:05

Sign me up please Lorraine.

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 8:02

karinlouise wrote:KT look at this article. It shows how to make the squares and if you google in images you'll get lots of lovely ideas !!!

http://gomakesomething.com/ht/collage/serendipity-squares/

Shocked oh my god, that is sooooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!! and i have a big box of paper scraps just BEGGING to be used!

Guess what I'll be doing tonight (apart from crashing out in front of the tv Razz )

kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 10:59

I've popped Maria on, girls just in case, but of course, you can come off if you want to, Maria. Mr Green

Nona, are you going to join us?

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 15:26

Kate, I can tell you once you start on the Serendipity papers, you will never stop as it is different every time. I often use them as card backgrounds, ATC backgrounds, inchie backgrounds, everything! Go for it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 15:33

Lorraine - Nona had already said yes - post but one above yours Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I think the Betty free day has got to you Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 20:12

Thanks for all the answers girls, I am enjoying Karin, but I've no idea what they're meant to look like as I haven't seen any, apart from the retro ones I found when I googled, mine will not be like that, and I am not going to worry about trying to make a set either as they will be split up, going to be fun, using up a few things that are too nice to bin too, I hope.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 20:30

Steph wrote:Lorraine - Nona had already said yes - post but one above yours Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I think the Betty free day has got to you Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ooops Thanks, Steph. Doh!!! Mr Green

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 21:45

aha, teabag...you just couldn't resist could ya????

we got under her skin girls....by my oh my 2 inch squares seem huge compared to the inches!!!

cant wait to see them all...

yep..add Maria and blame us Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 23:48

If there's any spaces left have you room for a large one? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 23:50

Yay!!! Yes, Gillian.
Lovely to have you on board, hun. Mr Green

Now I have a nice round 156 twinchies to sort out. affraid Laughing Hard (so far).

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 14:06

karinlouise wrote: I background decorate each square first then add the letter to the top of it.

Karin, that's the same idea as I have, to use my sizzix die alphabet. It'll be either Lollipop or Shadow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 16:52

Well, I have just finished all twelve different twinchies and am mostly pleased with them. Just waiting for some bits to dry and then I shall pack them and post them! Not that I'm eager, or anything!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 17:05

I wondered how you were being held up by my/our questions LOL
I have actually got a page of ideas and techniques written down which almost ammounts to planning where I'm concerned, and I haven't even buried the bokk it's written in yet. Got several other things on the go before I can start this though.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13000

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 17:53

You asked on Incidental whether I was joining the swap, Lou, and I'm sorry to say that I'm not. I'm fine, though, thankyou: it's just that I need a break! Before Christmas, I was making cards, making the mini-book for my best-friend's 60th and finishing the book with our friend's 50th anniversary pictures in. As soon as the in-laws left after New Year, all my spare time was spent getting ready for the class I taught on Tuesday and now I'm tidying up after that. Although it's very unlikely I will actually make anything for myself (virtually everything I make is given to other people!), I want to do some birthday and Christmas cards so I'm covered for those. And you never know - I might actually get to try out my Christmas present from Steve: bought a Bind-it-all in early December but haven't even used it yet!

Don't worry - I'll be back on the swap circuit in due course. But only when I feel I can give my best, as I would be mortified if I produced something I wasn't happy with that was going to someone else.

Meanwhile, I'll look forward to seeing the pictures of everyone's work.

Lynda

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, just like they should be.
lyndaejane
lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 17315

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 18:38

I've done mine as well, so will get them packed up in the next couple
of days and in the post Lorraine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 20:14

Awww, that's fine, Lynda. Perfectly understand, hun. Just wanted to make sure you knew about the swap as well as the rest. Mr Green

Steph, Patty well done for being so quick. I'm about to start my 3rd lot. Wasn't too keen on tuthers. Crying or Very sad

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 20:49

Isn't it strange that sometimes you start out making something, with a good idea in your mind's eye, and it just doesn't go right at all and you end up putting it in the bin and tearing your hair out - then another one, you don't seem quite so keen on, turns out to be the best you've done in a long time! Suppose that's why I like to keep trying new things ... got to get it right some of the time that way!!

Back to top Go down

Post by karinlouise Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 20:54

Lorraine I had hoped to see you say you'd got mine this morning. Did they arrive ok.

I had a full day to myself on Tuesday and so made a start on them, once I got going I wasn't going to stop. I loved doing them and I'm sorry to say to others but I did do Serendipity.

I posted them first class yesterday so hope they got there today ok. Was determined NOT to be the last to send mine out. And apart from Lorraine's already in her house !!!! I think I might have been the first. YAY.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 21:43

Been working on mine tonight, done the base for them. See what tomorrow night brings :)

kt_dragonfly
kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 21:57

love that you are all 'full steam ahead' poor Lorraine...all that sorting....but on the brightside..a free pick of each lol.

not done a thing since the other night except i spent ages doing one bit...and printed it...and...left it in my work drawer and some 'darling' used it to cut up in temper...grrr.never mind..i didn't want it anyway.... Twisted Evil i did really.... Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu 29 Jan 2009 - 22:34

karinlouise wrote:Lorraine I had hoped to see you say you'd got mine this morning. Did they arrive ok.
I never got them, Karin so no, they didn't arrive ok. Laughing Hard

I shall post as soon as I get any though so don't worry. Mr Green

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Fri 30 Jan 2009 - 10:36

Karin, they're here, hun. And....they're very pretty. Mr Green

Sew Lorraine (Etsy)
My Tutorials
My Photography
Lorraine
Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jan 2009 - 14:04

Posted mine off this morning Lorraine. (In a pinky, of course!)

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb Fri 30 Jan 2009 - 20:04

omg , some on the way allready ive not even started
kimb
kimb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 13163

Back to top Go down

Post by cb Fri 30 Jan 2009 - 21:18

Your not on your own Kim as neither have I!
cb
cb
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4405

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next