The Canny Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How about doing a Video/Dvd /Movie Review?

3 posters

Go down

How about doing a Video/Dvd /Movie Review? Empty How about doing a Video/Dvd /Movie Review?

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 9:41

Ok, i will start.

All you have to do is a choose a movie, video or dvd and say what you think of it.

I watched Be Kind Rewind.....not a very super duper film..but everyone in the house was in stitches. The idea is that there is an old fashioned video store, the owner goes away and nthe guy who takes over is stumped when another guy becomes magnetic and all the tapes are blanked Rolling Eyes The half sharps left in charge set about re-fiming the movies...it is funny..in a childish sort of way, some heartwarming scenes and good over bad.

i watched it, had a chuckle, felt sad....but i cant really recommend it....i'm sure lads would love it.

I saw St Trinians....bit rude, bit saucy..loads of inuendo's...acting quite good...but i was bored, i think its too rude for a 12 Certificate...although some would argue that the adult humour goes over the kids head...Geri is 11 and thoroughly enjoyed it, she didn't smirk or turn a hair at scenes that i thought too rude. Not my thing. but then again i am not a young dude.

Back to top Go down

How about doing a Video/Dvd /Movie Review? Empty Re: How about doing a Video/Dvd /Movie Review?

Post by karinlouise Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 12:20

Good idea.

Wall E - we went to this cos Martin and Lily really wanted to see it, didn't think it would be my cup of tea and for the main part I was right. However, it too had some very warming scenes and thought provoking too.

Wall E is one of a number of 'junk crushing' robots left on earth to clean it up after the humans have made it one big giant landfill. The humans are in a number of spaceships waiting.

Anyway, fast forward 500 years and the only robot left working is Wall-E. One of the spaceships sends a scout robot (love interest) to check out the planet and the story moves quite nicely after that. The humans have all become 'idiots' for want of a better word, not realising that they have been 'duped'.

Kids will love it, some husbands will too.

My Blog Crafty K's Place

K is a Loser !! My Weight Loss Diary

Facebook Bead Page: Karin's Bead Kandy
karinlouise
karinlouise
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 4557
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

How about doing a Video/Dvd /Movie Review? Empty Re: How about doing a Video/Dvd /Movie Review?

Post by thriftycrafter Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 13:57

Mamma Mia
a must, even my brother said he wants to see it again, so not just for the girls, lots of sing-along, a few tears and some laughter, 3 options for eye candy too.
My po-faced mother loved it even though the story is based on immorality (her idea).
Can't wiat for the dvd of this to come out.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.
thriftycrafter
thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12990

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 20:40

Geri loved it...twice..i still haven't seen it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 20:43

My sister went to see Mamma Mia and she loved it.
She said if you like Abba music, you'll love it, but you don't need to
be an Abba fan to enjoy it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 9:48

Saw The Nim Island DVD last night. it was good, very family orientated. a good clean soppy one. Great idea for a movie.

Then the fantastic GREASE the original one..Geri obviously has heard the music as hubby is a dj. She watched it last night and we have watched it together this morning. What a super film..i had so many memories flooding back . The energy in the film is fantastic..i recommend you all watch it... do you remember which character you wanted to be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2008 - 20:54

Sad bitch i am...i just spent 20 minutes crying my heart out..i just watched JUNO...the tale of a pregnant teenager, who just decideds to give up the 'thing'...i loved it..we did think geri might enjoy it..but the other night we put it on and it was wayyyyy too graphic for her so i had to wait til i was on my own to watch it...of course hubby wouldn't as it is a weepy.

i loved it, very real..gut wrenching....watch it

Back to top Go down

Post by WeirdCat Sun 26 Oct 2008 - 13:31

I watched this when the boys were away in August, sobbed my heart out, mind you I cry at pretty much everything, Grey's Anatomy is a guaranteed weekly cry for me. I cried during each of the Lilo and Stitch movies. I don't watch many films as a rule, one because the cinema is too expensive but also because I have to be in the right mood. I watched Mamma Mia on dodgy DVD but it's definitely on my list of DVDs to get.

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/
WeirdCat
WeirdCat

Number of posts : 12268

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down